From: MZB on
Very basic question as I am not good with hardware:

I have a Dell Inspiron 2200.
How do I remove the Optical CD Drive?

It looks like there is one screw in the back. Do I remove that screw and
then slide the drive out?

Mel

From: Bob Villa on
On Jun 20, 8:51 am, "MZB" <m...(a)noway.prudigy.net> wrote:
> Very basic question as I am not good with hardware:
>
> I have a Dell Inspiron 2200.
> How do I remove the Optical CD Drive?
>
> It looks like there is one screw in the back. Do I remove that screw and
> then slide the drive out?
>
> Mel

Usually, that is all there is to it. Manuals are readily available at
the support center.

bob
From: Pen on
On 6/20/2010 9:51 AM, MZB wrote:
> Very basic question as I am not good with hardware:
>
> I have a Dell Inspiron 2200.
> How do I remove the Optical CD Drive?
>
> It looks like there is one screw in the back. Do I remove that screw and
> then slide the drive out?
>
> Mel

Dell docs found here. It's easy.
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/SYSTEMS/ins2200/en/SM/upgrades.htm#1084976