From: blue on
i need to calculate a % i need to give a percentage to a mark of 67/70 and
make it 30% of the total i need help
From: JLatham on
type this formula into a cell:
=67/70
which will give you .9571 and if you format it as a % with 2 decimal places
it will appear as 95.71%

I presume you want to weight this score to 30% of a total. Let's say you
have 2 other scores of 80% in D1 and D2, with the 95.71% in D3, you could put
another formula somewhere as:
=D1*.35 + D2*.35 + D3*.3
That would account for 100% (.35+.35+.3 = 1)

Hope that helps.

From: Joe User on
"blue" wrote:
> i need to calculate a % i need to give a percentage
> to a mark of 67/70 and make it 30% of the total

I am not sure what you mean by "make it 30%".

I think you are trying to say that the 70-point test counts for 30% of your
grade. You want to compute your percentage on the test -- 67/70 -- and you
want to compute your percentage of the total grade. If that's the case,
then....

For your percentage on the test, put the following into A1:

=67/70

and formatted as Percentage.

For your percentgage of the total, put the following into A2:

=A1*30%

formatted as Percentage.

If that is not what you are looking for, please explain your problem more
completely. Provide numerical examples that you have calculated by hand.
And "show your work".

Pages: 1
Prev: Countif query
Next: Sum Days into Weeks