From: mike.smith on
Hello devon,

have a look at this tutorial

http://www.mswordhelp.com/2010/04/word-2002/how-to-double-space-in-microsoft-word-2002/

do as said but at the end instead of "double" spacing pick the "single" one.

mike

From: PJY on
Change your spacing to single spaced or check in you paragraph options that
spacing is set to 0

From: Peter T. Daniels on
You should not be pressing Enter at the end of every line!

When you press Enter, what you are seeing is not the paragraph
spacing, but the Space After setting.