From: Kabuki on

"Greg N." <yodel_dodel(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Kabuki wrote:
>
>> you can fix it by going to start>control panel>FOLDER options>file types
>> tab>choose jpg from the list>choose advanced in the box
>> you can edit the functions in there
>
> Sorry, but that's just another way to set the "open" function, not
> "preview".
>
> --
> Gregor mit dem Motorrad auf Reisen
> http://hothaus.de/greg-tour/
>
> noise seems to convey great ideas of power to the ignorant
> - James Watt

the part you are not getting is that VIEWER ==============IMPLIES it does
not EDIT images it only previews them

so OPEN in that program will PREVIEW the image as it can't do anything else

From: Greg N. on
Kabuki wrote:

> the part you are not getting is that VIEWER ==============IMPLIES it does
> not EDIT images it only previews them

It's not always obvious to everybody involved who's not getting what :) :)

In explorer's file context menu, there is an option "open".
You described how to make "open" invoke the Pic&Fax Viewer.

In [my] explorer's file context menu, there is also an option "preview".
I want to know how to make "preview" invoke the Pic&Fax Viewer.

From: l v on
On 1/19/2010 4:39 PM, Greg N. wrote:
> Kabuki wrote:
>
>> the part you are not getting is that VIEWER ==============IMPLIES it
>> does not EDIT images it only previews them
>
> It's not always obvious to everybody involved who's not getting what :) :)
>
> In explorer's file context menu, there is an option "open".
> You described how to make "open" invoke the Pic&Fax Viewer.
>
> In [my] explorer's file context menu, there is also an option "preview".
> I want to know how to make "preview" invoke the Pic&Fax Viewer.

Understand what you are looking for but not sure how to correct. You
may need to find the proper registery entry to change.

Since "preview" is a default option, It could be as simple as changing
"HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Open With" to
{09799AFB-AD67-11d1-ABCD-00C04FC30936} . But that is just a guess.

You'd be better off posting to a Microsoft newsgroup vs this
multi-platform application newsgroup.

Until, you find the real answer, you can add your own "My Preview"
option by opening Windows Explorer -> Tools -> Folder Options -> File
Types. Select your extension, click Advanced. Click New.
Action: My Preview
Application used ..... : rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen %1

--
Len

From: Greg N. on
l v wrote:

> You'd be better off posting to a Microsoft newsgroup vs this
> multi-platform application newsgroup.

Yes, obviously. Fair enough. Thanks!

From: Greg N. on
l v wrote:

> Windows Explorer -> Tools -> Folder Options -> File
> Types. Select your extension, click Advanced. ...

That was the ticket, thank you. I got it fixed.

My problem was that I tried to change the file type entry for "JPG".
However, this one is just a clone of file type "JPEG". Once I got JPEG
fixed, JPG was OK as well.

--
Gregor mit dem Motorrad auf Reisen
http://hothaus.de/greg-tour/

noise seems to convey great ideas of power to the ignorant
- James Watt
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: 3D Mandelbrot !