From: Greg N. on
Sorry for asking a windows question here, but since I experience the
problem in conjunction with PS, I hope folks here might know the answer.
Thanks for your patience.

When I right click on an image in Windows (XP) Explorer, I get a popup
that, amongst other options, contains [Open, Edit, Edit with Photoshop,
Preview].

All of these result in calling Photoshop.

Previously, the "Preview" option called the "Windows Picture & Fax
Viewer", I don't know when this changed and what caused the change. I
tried to fix this through the Tools/FolderOptions/FileType dialog, but
that only affects what action is associated with "Open".

How can I get "Preview" to call "Windows Picture & Fax Viewer"?

Or, more generally speaking, how do I associate applications of choice
for the various Explorer options?

--
Gregor mit dem Motorrad auf Reisen
http://hothaus.de/greg-tour/

noise seems to convey great ideas of power to the ignorant
- James Watt
From: Dave on
On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 18:11:33 +0100, "Greg N." <yodel_dodel(a)yahoo.com>
wrote:

>How can I get "Preview" to call "Windows Picture & Fax Viewer"?
>
>Or, more generally speaking, how do I associate applications of choice
>for the various Explorer options?

Good day to you Greg

Open 'My Computor'
Navigate to the photo
Right Click on the Photo
Click on 'Open With'
Click on 'Choose Program'
*Now you check 'Always Use The Selected Program...'
Now you go 'Windows Picture & Fax Viewer'
and 'Okay'

Dave

From: Greg N. on
Dave wrote:

> Open 'My Computor'
> Navigate to the photo
> Right Click on the Photo
> Click on 'Open With'
> Click on 'Choose Program'
> *Now you check 'Always Use The Selected Program...'

This is a way to specify the app for the "open" function.

My question was, how to specify the app for the "Preview" function.

From: Kabuki on

"Greg N." <yodel_dodel(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Dave wrote:
>
>> Open 'My Computor'
>> Navigate to the photo
>> Right Click on the Photo
>> Click on 'Open With'
>> Click on 'Choose Program'
>> *Now you check 'Always Use The Selected Program...'
>
> This is a way to specify the app for the "open" function.
>
> My question was, how to specify the app for the "Preview" function.
>
> --
> Gregor mit dem Motorrad auf Reisen
> http://hothaus.de/greg-tour/
>
> noise seems to convey great ideas of power to the ignorant
> - James Watt

slightly more complicated but if you know the exe command line for Pic/Fax
viewer
you can fix it by going to start>control panel>FOLDER options>file types
tab>choose jpg from the list>choose advanced in the box
you can edit the functions in there

however since PIC FAX viewer is only a preview program anyway you can't edit
with it
choosing it for open works like preview anyway

my comp is set to open JPG with PicFax and if I double click JPG it previews
the image
I don't want Photoshop to open every time I click a jpg, takes too long
I have EDIT set to Photoshop

From: Greg N. on
Kabuki wrote:

> you can fix it by going to start>control panel>FOLDER options>file types
> tab>choose jpg from the list>choose advanced in the box
> you can edit the functions in there

Sorry, but that's just another way to set the "open" function, not
"preview".

--
Gregor mit dem Motorrad auf Reisen
http://hothaus.de/greg-tour/

noise seems to convey great ideas of power to the ignorant
- James Watt
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: 3D Mandelbrot !