From: Huseyin on
A B C D
A1 10
A2 9 1
A3 8 2 1
A4 7 3 2
A5 6 4 3 1

I need to calculate the differences of each value in a column and have the
answers on second third column. For example subtract A2 from A1, A3 from A1,
A4 from A1, A5 from A1; and subtract A3 from A2, A4 from A2, A5 from A2;
subtract A4 from A3, A5 from A4; and finally subtract A5 from A4.

Any help is appreciated.
From: teylyn on

Hi, try this

select B2:B5 and enter this formula in B2 =$A$1-(A2:A5), confirm with
Ctrl-Shift-Enter.
similarly for
C3:C5 =$A$2-(A3:A5)
D4:D5 =A3-(A4:A5)

hth

teylyn
'The Code Cage - Microsoft Office Help - Microsoft Office Discussion'
(http://www.thecodecage.com)

;
6
4