From: AussieRules on
Hi,

I have a web cam connected to the computer and was wondering if there is
away to take a photo using the camera via vb.net code ?

Is this able to be done ?

Thanks

From: zzz on

"AussieRules" <nospam(a)nospam.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Hi,
>
> I have a web cam connected to the computer and was wondering if there is
> away to take a photo using the camera via vb.net code ?
>
> Is this able to be done ?
>
> Thanks

Create a user control containing a picturebox called picCapture with dock
property=filled
then have a look to this dirty code
I think it will help you ;)

Imports System.Runtime.InteropServices
Imports System.Windows.Forms
Imports System.Drawing

<Drawing.ToolboxBitmap(GetType(WebcamControl), "ico6823.ico")> _
Public Class WebcamControl

#Region "dichiarazioni"
'dichiarazione api di windows

Const WM_CAP As Short = &H400S

Const WM_CAP_DRIVER_CONNECT As Integer = WM_CAP + 10
Const WM_CAP_DRIVER_DISCONNECT As Integer = WM_CAP + 11
Const WM_CAP_EDIT_COPY As Integer = WM_CAP + 30

Const WM_CAP_SET_PREVIEW As Integer = WM_CAP + 50
Const WM_CAP_SET_PREVIEWRATE As Integer = WM_CAP + 52
Const WM_CAP_SET_SCALE As Integer = WM_CAP + 53
Const WS_CHILD As Integer = &H40000000
Const WS_VISIBLE As Integer = &H10000000
Const SWP_NOMOVE As Short = &H2S
Const SWP_NOSIZE As Short = 1
Const SWP_NOZORDER As Short = &H4S
Const HWND_BOTTOM As Short = 1
Const WM_CAP_SET_VIDEOFORMAT As Integer = &H42DS

Public Structure RGBQUAD
Dim rgbBlue As Byte
Dim rgbGreen As Byte
Dim rgbRed As Byte
Dim rgbReserved As Byte
End Structure

Public Structure BITMAPINFOHEADER
Dim biSize As Integer
Dim biWidth As Integer
Dim biHeight As Integer
Dim biPlanes As Short
Dim biBitCount As Short
Dim biCompression As Integer
Dim biSizeImage As Integer
Dim biXPelsPerMeter As Integer
Dim biYPelsPerMeter As Integer
Dim biClrUsed As Integer
Dim biClrImportant As Integer
End Structure

<StructLayout(LayoutKind.Sequential)> _
Public Structure BITMAPINFO
<MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.Struct, SizeConst:=40)> _
Public bmiHeader As BITMAPINFOHEADER
<MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.ByValArray, SizeConst:=1024)> _
Public bmiColors As Int32()
End Structure

Declare Function SendMessageAsBitMap Lib "user32" Alias "SendMessageA"
(ByVal hWnd As Integer, ByVal wMsg As Integer, ByVal wParam As Integer,
ByRef lParam As BITMAPINFO) As Integer
Private bmp As BITMAPINFO

''' <summary>
''' The capSetVideoFormat API is used to indicate to the webcam the
format
''' of image to be returned. Many cameras do not support all ranges of
bitmap
''' formats, however, 24 bit colour 320 x 240 and 640 x 480 are quite
common.
''' </summary>
''' <param name="hCapWnd"></param>
''' <param name="BmpFormat"></param>
''' <param name="CapFormatSize"></param>
''' <returns></returns>
''' <remarks></remarks>
Function capSetVideoFormat(ByVal hCapWnd As Integer, ByRef BmpFormat _
As BITMAPINFO, ByVal CapFormatSize As Integer) As Boolean
Return SendMessageAsBitMap(hCapWnd, _
WM_CAP_SET_VIDEOFORMAT, CapFormatSize, BmpFormat)
End Function

Dim iDevice As Integer = 0 ' Current device ID
Dim hHwnd As Integer ' Handle to preview window

Declare Function SendMessage Lib "user32" Alias "SendMessageA" _
(ByVal hwnd As Integer, ByVal wMsg As Integer, ByVal wParam As
Integer, _
ByVal lParam As Object) As Integer

Declare Function SendMessage Lib "user32" Alias "SendMessageA" _
(ByVal hwnd As IntPtr, ByVal wMsg As Integer, ByVal wParam As
Integer, _
ByRef bitmapinfo As BITMAPINFO) As Integer

Declare Function SetWindowPos Lib "user32" Alias "SetWindowPos" (ByVal
hwnd As Integer, _
ByVal hWndInsertAfter As Integer, ByVal x As Integer, ByVal y As
Integer, _
ByVal cx As Integer, ByVal cy As Integer, ByVal wFlags As Integer)
As Integer

Declare Function DestroyWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal hndw As Integer) As
Boolean

Declare Function capCreateCaptureWindowA Lib "avicap32.dll" _
(ByVal lpszWindowName As String, ByVal dwStyle As Integer, _
ByVal x As Integer, ByVal y As Integer, ByVal nWidth As Integer, _
ByVal nHeight As Short, ByVal hWndParent As Integer, _
ByVal nID As Integer) As Integer

Declare Function capGetDriverDescriptionA Lib "avicap32.dll" (ByVal
wDriver As Short, _
ByVal lpszName As String, ByVal cbName As Integer, ByVal lpszVer As
String, _
ByVal cbVer As Integer) As Boolean

#End Region

Dim lstDevices As New ArrayList

Private _x As Integer
Private _y As Integer
Private _hwnd As Integer
'dice se il controllo � stato inizializazzato per la ricerca dei driver
di acquisizione
'Private was_initialized As Boolean
'dice se il controllo sta attualmente in fase di acquisizione
Private _mostra_scelta_webcam As Boolean
Private _cam_started As Boolean
Public is_zoomed As Boolean
Private _is_plugged As Boolean
'Private _mostra_scelta_webcam As Boolean
'dice se il controllo � stato inizializazzato per la ricerca dei driver
di acquisizione
Private was_initialized As Boolean
'dice se il controllo sta attualmente in fase di acquisizione
'Private _cam_started As Boolean
' Public is_zoomed As Boolean

Public ReadOnly Property Is_plugged() As Boolean
Get
Return _is_plugged
End Get
End Property

Public ReadOnly Property cam_started() As Boolean
Get
Return _cam_started
End Get
End Property

Public Property mostra_scelta_webcam() As Boolean
Get
Return _mostra_scelta_webcam
End Get
Set(ByVal value As Boolean)
_mostra_scelta_webcam = value
End Set

End Property

Public ReadOnly Property current_hwnd() As Integer
Get
current_hwnd = _hwnd
End Get
End Property

Public Event clicked()

Public ReadOnly Property GetDevices() As ArrayList
Get
GetDevices = lstDevices
End Get
End Property

Public Property Setta_IdPeriferica() As Integer
Get
Setta_IdPeriferica = iDevice
End Get
Set(ByVal value As Integer)
If value < 0 Or value > lstDevices.Count - 1 Then
'MsgBox("Id non valido", MsgBoxStyle.Critical)
Exit Property
Else
iDevice = value
End If

End Set
End Property

Public Function Inizializza() As Boolean

picCapture.SizeMode = PictureBoxSizeMode.StretchImage
LoadDeviceList()

If lstDevices.Count > 0 Then
Return True
Else
Return False
End If
End Function

Private Sub LoadDeviceList()
Dim strName As String = Space(100)
Dim strVer As String = Space(100)
Dim bReturn As Boolean
Dim x As Integer = 0

' Load name of all avialable devices into the lstDevices
Do
' Get Driver name and version
bReturn = capGetDriverDescriptionA(x, strName, 100, strVer, 100)
'
' If there was a device add device name to the list
'
If bReturn Then lstDevices.Add(strName.Trim)
x += 1
Loop Until bReturn = False

If lstDevices.Count = 1 Then
Me.Setta_IdPeriferica = 0
End If
End Sub

Public Function Start_cam() As Boolean
'If Me._can_acquire = False Then
'MsgBox("nessun device connesso", MsgBoxStyle.Critical)
'Exit Function
'End If

If Me.was_initialized = False Then
'allora va inizializzato.
'se non riesce ad inizializzare la webcam allora va a false
If Me.Inizializza = False Then Return False
Me.was_initialized = True
End If
_cam_started = True

Dim tentativi_connessione = 0
Cursor.Current = Cursors.WaitCursor
While True
If OpenPreviewWindow() = False Then
tentativi_connessione += 1
Threading.Thread.Sleep(400)
If tentativi_connessione > 27 Then Exit While
Else
Exit While
End If
End While

Cursor.Current = Cursors.Arrow

If Me.Is_plugged = False Then
Return False
Else
Return True
End If

End Function

Public Sub Stop_cam()
ClosePreviewWindow()
_cam_started = False
End Sub

Public Function get_frame() As Image
Dim data As IDataObject
Dim bmap As Image
Try
'
' Copy image to clipboard
'
SendMessage(hHwnd, WM_CAP_EDIT_COPY, 0, 0)
Application.DoEvents()
'
' Get image from clipboard and convert it to a bitmap
'
data = Clipboard.GetDataObject()
If data.GetDataPresent(GetType(System.Drawing.Bitmap)) Then
bmap = CType(data.GetData(GetType(System.Drawing.Bitmap)),
Image)
picCapture.Image = bmap
' ClosePreviewWindow()
Return bmap
Else
MsgBox("2� tentativo di acquisizione")
SendMessage(hHwnd, WM_CAP_EDIT_COPY, 0, 0)
data = Clipboard.GetDataObject()
bmap = CType(data.GetData(GetType(System.Drawing.Bitmap)),
Image)
picCapture.Image = bmap
End If

Catch ex As Exception
MsgBox("-" & ex.Message)
Return Nothing
End Try

Return Nothing
End Function

Public Sub salva_frame(ByVal file As String)

Dim data As IDataObject
Dim bmap As Image
Try
' Copy image to clipboard
'
SendMessage(hHwnd, WM_CAP_EDIT_COPY, 0, 0)
'
' Get image from clipboard and convert it to a bitmap
'
data = Clipboard.GetDataObject()
If data.GetDataPresent(GetType(System.Drawing.Bitmap)) Then
bmap = CType(data.GetData(GetType(System.Drawing.Bitmap)),
Image)
picCapture.Image = bmap
' ClosePreviewWindow()

bmap.Save(file, Imaging.ImageFormat.Jpeg)
End If
Catch ex As Exception
MsgBox("-" & ex.Message)

End Try
End Sub

Public Sub salva_frame_osd(ByVal file As String, ByVal text As String)

Dim data As IDataObject
Dim bmap As Image
Dim _font = New Font(FontFamily.GenericSansSerif, _
10.0F, FontStyle.Bold)
Try
'
' Copy image to clipboard
'
SendMessage(hHwnd, WM_CAP_EDIT_COPY, 0, 0)
'
' Get image from clipboard and convert it to a bitmap
'
data = Clipboard.GetDataObject()
If data.GetDataPresent(GetType(System.Drawing.Bitmap)) Then
bmap = CType(data.GetData(GetType(System.Drawing.Bitmap)),
Image)
picCapture.Image = bmap
'-----------------------------------
'Dim bm = New Bitmap(PictureBox10.Image)
Dim gr As Graphics = Graphics.FromImage(bmap)
'gr.DrawLine(Pens.Blue, p0, p1)
gr.FillRectangle(Brushes.Gray, 0, 460, 640, 20)
gr.DrawString(text, _font, Brushes.Aqua, 5, 460)
'gr.DrawRectangle(Pens.Black, 0, 460, 640, 20)
'----------------
bmap.Save(file, Imaging.ImageFormat.Jpeg)
End If
Catch ex As Exception
MsgBox("-" & ex.Message)

End Try
End Sub

Public Sub setta_dimensioni(ByVal x As Integer, ByVal y As Integer)
' Dim bmi As New BITMAPINFO

'Dim myhand As IntPtr = CType(_hwnd, IntPtr)
'With bmi.bmiHeader
' .biSize = Len(bmi.bmiHeader)
' .biPlanes = 1
' .biBitCount = 24
' .biWidth = x
' .biHeight = y
' .biSizeImage = x * y * 3
' End With
_x = x
_y = y

'Dim b = System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.SizeOf(bmi)
'SendMessage(myhand, 1069, b, bmi)

' Width = bmi.bmiHeader.biWidth
' Height = bmi.bmiHeader.biHeight
'SendMessage(myhand, WM_CAP_SET_VIDEOFORMAT, a, bmi)
'SendMessage(myhand, WM_CAP_SET_VIDEOFORMAT, 0, 0)
End Sub

Private Function OpenPreviewWindow() As Boolean
Dim iHeight As Integer = picCapture.Height
Dim iWidth As Integer = picCapture.Width

'
' Open Preview window in picturebox
'
If _x <> 0 Then

hHwnd = capCreateCaptureWindowA(iDevice, WS_VISIBLE Or WS_CHILD,
0, 0, _x, _
_y, picCapture.Handle.ToInt32, 0)

Else
hHwnd = capCreateCaptureWindowA(iDevice, WS_VISIBLE Or WS_CHILD,
0, 0, 640, _
480, picCapture.Handle.ToInt32, 0)

End If
'
' Connect to device
'
_hwnd = hHwnd

If SendMessage(hHwnd, WM_CAP_DRIVER_CONNECT, iDevice, 0) Then
'
'Set the preview scale
'
SendMessage(hHwnd, WM_CAP_SET_SCALE, True, 0)
'
'Set the preview rate in milliseconds
'
SendMessage(hHwnd, WM_CAP_SET_PREVIEWRATE, 66, 0)
'
'Start previewing the image from the camera
'
SendMessage(hHwnd, WM_CAP_SET_PREVIEW, True, 0)
' Resize window to fit in picturebox
'
SetWindowPos(hHwnd, HWND_BOTTOM, 0, 0, picCapture.Width,
picCapture.Height, SWP_NOMOVE Or SWP_NOZORDER)
' SetWindowPos(hHwnd, HWND_BOTTOM, 0, 0, 640, 480, SWP_NOMOVE Or
SWP_NOZORDER)
If _mostra_scelta_webcam = True Then SendMessage(hHwnd, 1066, 0,
0)
_is_plugged = True
Return True
Else
' Error connecting to device close window
DestroyWindow(hHwnd)
End If
End Function

Private Sub ClosePreviewWindow()
'
' Disconnect from device
'
SendMessage(hHwnd, WM_CAP_DRIVER_DISCONNECT, iDevice, 0)
' close window
DestroyWindow(hHwnd)
End Sub

Public Sub New()

' Chiamata richiesta da Progettazione Windows Form.
InitializeComponent()
Me.was_initialized = False
_cam_started = False
is_zoomed = False
' Aggiungere le eventuali istruzioni di inizializzazione dopo la
chiamata a InitializeComponent().

End Sub

Public Sub zoom()
ClosePreviewWindow()

If is_zoomed = False Then
'allora zooma:
Me.Left -= Me.Width
Me.Width = Me.Width * 2
Me.Height = Me.Height * 2
is_zoomed = True
Else
Me.Width = Me.Width \ 2
Me.Left = Me.Left + Me.Width
Me.Height = Me.Height \ 2
is_zoomed = False
End If
OpenPreviewWindow()
End Sub

Public Sub nozoom()
If is_zoomed = True Then
zoom()
End If
End Sub

End Class

From: AussieRules on
thanks for you reply and code...

appreciate it...

From: Armin Zingler on
Am 15.04.2010 03:35, schrieb AussieRules:
> Hi,
>
> I have a web cam connected to the computer and was wondering if there is
> away to take a photo using the camera via vb.net code ?
>
> Is this able to be done ?

Maybe something helpful here:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Search/en-US?query=capture%20image%20from%20web%20cam&ac=8

"Video capture":