From: Marcel on
Good day,

a small question. On my XP machine I have several USB connections. How can I
check if they are / have been configured as USB type 2.0 ?

Thanks and best regards,

Marcel

From: Peter on
In article <7pogrcFeevU1(a)mid.individual.net>, marcelverduyn(a)yahoo.com
says...
> Good day,
>
> a small question. On my XP machine I have several USB connections. How can I
> check if they are / have been configured as USB type 2.0 ?
>
> Thanks and best regards,
>
> Marcel

Firstly, you can check in device manager, under the USB section to see
if enhanced controller is listed somewhere. That means that you have at
least 1 USB port that supports USB 2.

Secondly, I would just plug a USB 2 device, such as all current memory
sticks, into each port in turn. If it doesn't support USB 2 then you'll
get a little pop up down by the system tray telling you so.

--
Pete Ives
From: Marcel on
"Peter" <pete.ivesAll_stRESS(a)blueyonder.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag >

> Secondly, I would just plug a USB 2 device, such as all current memory
> sticks, into each port in turn. If it doesn't support USB 2 then you'll
> get a little pop up down by the system tray telling you so.

Thanks, but aren't all current memory sticks both USB 2 and 1?

Best, Marcel
From: Mike on
On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 06:18:57 +0100, "Marcel" <marcelverduyn(a)yahoo.com>
wrote:

>"Peter" <pete.ivesAll_stRESS(a)blueyonder.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag >
>
>> Secondly, I would just plug a USB 2 device, such as all current memory
>> sticks, into each port in turn. If it doesn't support USB 2 then you'll
>> get a little pop up down by the system tray telling you so.
>
>Thanks, but aren't all current memory sticks both USB 2 and 1?
>
>Best, Marcel

Probably .... I put a memstick/mp3 player into one of my USB ports and
a msesage popped up saying the stick might not work as well as it
should, as it was designed for a fast port. Placed it in a second port
and it was fine.

Mike P
From: Peter on
In article <7pqtdpFon2U1(a)mid.individual.net>, marcelverduyn(a)yahoo.com
says...
> "Peter" <pete.ivesAll_stRESS(a)blueyonder.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag >
>
> > Secondly, I would just plug a USB 2 device, such as all current memory
> > sticks, into each port in turn. If it doesn't support USB 2 then you'll
> > get a little pop up down by the system tray telling you so.
>
> Thanks, but aren't all current memory sticks both USB 2 and 1?
>
> Best, Marcel

Sorry, what I meant was, if the port doesn't support USB 2, even if the
stick supports both, you will still receive a pop up telling you that