From: Puzzle on
Hi

Does anybody have any idea to recognize devices uniquely?
KernelIoControl () works with some devices but not all.
I think there should be some kind of id which can apply to every device like
MAC address for Ethernet devices.

If anybody knows, please reply.

thnks

From: Bobby Cannon on
Do a search on IOCTL_HAL_GET_DEVICEID.

From: Vladimir Zinin on
Hi,

http://www.pocketpcdn.com/sections/deviceinfo.html

--
Best regards,
Vladimir Zinin

From: Puzzle on
Hi.

Thanks for your reply.

I've already read that article and tested, but IOCTL_HAL_GET_DEVICEID or
IOCTL_HAL_GET_UUID does not always work for all devices.

I was searching web and found a program called PocketPCID from
http://www.selectiveminds.com

It shows CPU serial #, so there should be some way to get CPU serial # but I
cannot find any API or method which returns CPU serial # of PPC device.

Does anybody knows how to do it?

"Vladimir Zinin" <vzinin(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> http://www.pocketpcdn.com/sections/deviceinfo.html
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Vladimir Zinin
> mailto:zinin(a)eldos.org
>

> Bobby Cannon wrote:
>> Do a search on IOCTL_HAL_GET_DEVICEID.
>>
>> "Puzzle" wrote:
>>

>>>Hi
>>>
>>>Does anybody have any idea to recognize devices uniquely?
>>>KernelIoControl () works with some devices but not all.
>>>I think there should be some kind of id which can apply to every device
>>>like MAC address for Ethernet devices.
>>>
>>>If anybody knows, please reply.
>>>
>>>thnks

Pages: 1