From: osupratt via AccessMonster.com on
I have a form that we input Vendor insurance information. My corporation has
7 companies. Each of the 7 companies has their own Vendor list. I have a
combo box named Vendor whose record source is a query from a UNION query. So
in this UNION query I have all 7 company's Vendors pulling on one query. From
this query I have another query which filters for a specific company Vendor
list....In the criteria of column 'company' I have [company code?].

On a continuous form I have the combo box Vendor. The end-user clicks on this
combo box and a filter box opens asking for [company code?]. The end-user
might type 'BAS'. The query works to only show the Vendors for company BAS.
This works fine; however on the continuous form the next record being entered
might not be for company BAS. The combo box is still only showing for company
BAS. How do I get the combo box to requery on a new record being added?

Thanks.

From: Jeanette Cunningham on
The problem is that on a continuous Form, there is really only *one* combo
box - displayed many times. If you change its properties (its RowSource in
this case), all rows reflect that change.

One somewhat snarky but effective getaround is to put a Textbox onto the
form, carefully superimposed over the text area of the combo box (don't
cover the dropdown tool though). Set its Control Source to either a DLookUp
expression looking up the current record's value from the lookup table, or
(if practical) base the Form on a query joined to the lookup table and
simply make it a bound textbox.

Set the textbox's Enabled = No, Locked = Yes, Tab Stop = No so the user
can't do anything with it; it's for display only. You may need to move it in
front of the combo box (with Move To Front on the Format menu).

When the user selects the dropdown, the combo box data will come in front
and allow (filtered) selection; when it's not selected, the user will see
the textbox.

"osupratt via AccessMonster.com" <u41837(a)uwe> wrote in message
>I have a form that we input Vendor insurance information. My corporation
>has
> 7 companies. Each of the 7 companies has their own Vendor list. I have a
> combo box named Vendor whose record source is a query from a UNION query.
> So
> in this UNION query I have all 7 company's Vendors pulling on one query.
> From
> this query I have another query which filters for a specific company
> Vendor
> list....In the criteria of column 'company' I have [company code?].
>
> On a continuous form I have the combo box Vendor. The end-user clicks on
> this
> combo box and a filter box opens asking for [company code?]. The end-user
> might type 'BAS'. The query works to only show the Vendors for company
> BAS.
> This works fine; however on the continuous form the next record being
> entered
> might not be for company BAS. The combo box is still only showing for
> company
> BAS. How do I get the combo box to requery on a new record being added?
>
> Thanks.

Pages: 1
Prev: Switchboard
Next: Can't find posting