From: Mike J Mike on
I'd like to rotate the Input Panel to about 45 degrees for a natural writing
angle. For example, I like to lay back with the tablet propped up vertically
on my knees and I'd like to keep the laptop in portrait mode at 90 degrees
and at the same time be able to write at about 45-60 degrees. Without the
ability to rotate the Input Panel, I'm forced to rotate the whole laptop onto
its corner in order to write which is uncomfortable and makes it difficult to
view content. I find myself constantly rotating the laptop, alternating
between input and reading modes.

The same applies, really, to landscape mode.

Just think of how you write at an angle, but typically read *not* at angle.

Is this possible? I've searched the Windows help files and search engines
to no avail.
From: Rainald Taesler on
Mike J wrote:
> I'd like to rotate the Input Panel to about 45 degrees for a natural
> writing angle. For example, I like to lay back with the tablet
> propped up vertically on my knees and I'd like to keep the laptop in
> portrait mode at 90 degrees and at the same time be able to write at
> about 45-60 degrees. Without the ability to rotate the Input Panel,
> I'm forced to rotate the whole laptop onto its corner in order to
> write which is uncomfortable and makes it difficult to view content.
> I find myself constantly rotating the laptop, alternating between
> input and reading modes.
>
> The same applies, really, to landscape mode.
>
> Just think of how you write at an angle, but typically read *not* at
> angle.
>
> Is this possible? I've searched the Windows help files and search
> engines to no avail.

No, there is no such option.

Rainald
From: Beverly Howard on
>> No, there is no such option. <<

You must be a pocketpc user ;-) The decade old WinCE input utility
"Transcriber" had this nice feature.

Have you looked to see if angled handwriting in Journal can be
recognized? If so, a workaround might be to write in Journal and
cut/paste export it later.

Beverly Howard

From: Sven on
Yea, but it really didn't have an input panel. It was (is) a write anywhere
thing. Did have the option to specify how you typically wrote though to
increase the recognition potential, as you say. Phatware used to have a
write anywhere feature for tablets, but I don't see it anymore. Maybe I am
missing it, or some other third party has a solution.

From: Mike J on
Journal *does* recognize writing on an angle - thanks! I was really hoping
for an operating system-wide capability... I hope Microsoft sees this - It
seems like a basic requirement for tablet input done right.

thanks guys,
Mike