From: josborn on
Some where we have a system with the conflicker worm on it. I have not been
able to find it. I can do a system by system check but that will take a
long while. I know it spreads over TCP Port 445, is there I way I can use
Network Monitor 3.3 (or any other tool) to sit a listen to that port and
when it gets hit to record the IP of the infected system?

Network monitor I am not sure if it can filter by port, I am not against
wireshark either but I need some directions on how to filter or only scan
port 445.

Any ideas?

Thanks

From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on
It is probably the one with the "hosts" file entry that stops the worm
from wasting its time. Can't you write a script to check them out? How
do you know it is conficker?

From: Jesper Ravn on

<josborn(a)pcsii.com> skrev i meddelelsen
> Some where we have a system with the conflicker worm on it. I have not
> been able to find it. I can do a system by system check but that will
> take a long while. I know it spreads over TCP Port 445, is there I way I
> can use Network Monitor 3.3 (or any other tool) to sit a listen to that
> port and when it gets hit to record the IP of the infected system?
>
> Network monitor I am not sure if it can filter by port, I am not against
> wireshark either but I need some directions on how to filter or only scan
> port 445.
>
> Any ideas?

You could try one of the tools below.

Nmap
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2009/q1/869

Simple Conficker Scanner
http://www.honeynet.org/node/397

Nessus
http://blog.tenablesecurity.com/2009/03/detecting-conficker-with-nessus.html

/Jesper

From: josborn on
Most of our Mccafee clients will detect the broadcast and report a BO stack
error occured. When I researched it a lot of hits replied that it was
conflick and I did the reseach found the services on Server 2003 that keeps
stopping was a symtom of a broadcast of conflicker.

But I can just can't find which system is doing the broadcasting.

Thanks

From: josborn on
Thanks I will give it a try.

"Jesper Ravn" <jesper_ravn(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> <josborn(a)pcsii.com> skrev i meddelelsen
>> Some where we have a system with the conflicker worm on it. I have not
>> been able to find it. I can do a system by system check but that will
>> take a long while. I know it spreads over TCP Port 445, is there I way I
>> can use Network Monitor 3.3 (or any other tool) to sit a listen to that
>> port and when it gets hit to record the IP of the infected system?
>>
>> Network monitor I am not sure if it can filter by port, I am not against
>> wireshark either but I need some directions on how to filter or only scan
>> port 445.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> You could try one of the tools below.
>
> Nmap