From: Mr. Arnold on
Rich P wrote:
> I added a reference to System.Data.Linq
>
> and a
>
> using System.Data.Linq.SqlClient;
>
> and attempted the following query:
>
> var query1 = from DataRow myRow in ds1.Tables["tblA"].Rows
> where SqlMethods.Like(myRow["Company"], "%test%")
> select myRow;
>

> In the error message that ensued -- it mentioned that SqlMethods
> currently only works with Linq To Sql. I guess this is Linq to a
> Datatable. The rest of the error said that I had some invalid argument

It's going to be this I believe.

myRow.Contains("something")
From: Arne Vajhøj on
On 26-05-2010 15:26, Rich P wrote:
> Thanks. I will give that a try. Although, in my searching, other
> articles suggested that Contains does not handle wildcards. I guess I
> will find out.

LIKE '%foobar%' is .Contains("foobar"), but for more
advanced usages of LIKE you will need to do something
like a selecting where a lambda using regex returns
true.

Arne

From: Rich P on
I attempted something like this:

list = list.Where(o => SqlMethods.Like(o.FirstName, FirstName))

but the error message said that SqlMethods.Like only works with Linq to
Sql. I am trying to use Linq on a dataTable in my C# (2008) winform
app. Any thoughts appreciated if there is a workaround for using
SqlMethods against a dataTable contained in the app.

Rich

From: Patrice on
Keep in mind that Linq is not SQL but just C#. So Contains be translated to
%Value%, StartsWith to Value% and EndsWith to %Value.

If you need more specific patterns server side, you'll have to create your
own function mapping.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd456828(v=VS.100).aspx should help.

--
Patrice

"Rich P" <rpng123(a)aol.com> a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
Ol5wYlQ$KHA.5280(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

From: Mr. Arnold on
Rich P wrote:
> I attempted something like this:
>
> list = list.Where(o => SqlMethods.Like(o.FirstName, FirstName))
>

> but the error message said that SqlMethods.Like only works with Linq to
> Sql. I am trying to use Linq on a dataTable in my C# (2008) winform
> app. Any thoughts appreciated if there is a workaround for using
> SqlMethods against a dataTable contained in the app.

You can't use the statement as it only pertains to querying a SQL Server
table on the entity model using Linq.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.data.linq.sqlclient.sqlmethods.like.aspx