From: Chris F.A. Johnson on
On 2010-01-11, mscir wrote:
> dorayme wrote:
>> In article <hidld8$2pnt$1(a)adenine.netfront.net>,
>> mscir <mscir(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I have two vertical column divs to hold the main page content, the left
>>> menu div is floated left and about 200px wide. The right main content
>>> div is about 700px....
>>
>>> I'm obviously missing something basic and not using clear correctly,
>>> what do I need to read to help me understand how to float a left column,
>>> and still be able to use clear in a column to the right of that?
>>>
>> First you might provide a URL of your best shot. Second say what browser
>> you are having trouble in because there are lots of float bugs in IE and
>> some are really tricky. And third maybe this might give a tip on basics:
>>
>> <http://netweaver.com.au/floatHouse/>
>
> Hi dorayme,
>
> Thanks for your reply, one page is here:
>
> http://thirdparadigm.org/3p_003.php

There are input boxes that do not fit into their column:
<http://cfaj.freeshell.org/testing/thirdparadigm.jpg>

--
Chris F.A. Johnson <http://cfajohnson.com>
Author:
From: Chris F.A. Johnson on
On 2010-01-11, mscir wrote:
> Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:

>>> Hi dorayme,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your reply, one page is here:
>>>
>>> http://thirdparadigm.org/3p_003.php
>>
>> There are input boxes that do not fit into their column:
>> <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/testing/thirdparadigm.jpg>
>
> Chris,
>
> Thanks for going to the trouble of posting the image, I appreciate it.
>
> I had checked the pages in XP but I forgot to check them in Linux, is
> that where you saw the problem?

It is, but the problem has nothing to do with OS or browser; it is
a result of the page not adapting to font sizes larger than your
default.

--
Chris F.A. Johnson <http://cfajohnson.com>
Author: