From: Espineter on
Hi
Please don't reveal internal secrets of your entry. People can read
this public group and:
-They can rewrite this code, and position before you only with a byte
improvement of this code.
-Also is possible extract ideas that can be applied in his entries
From: Rod Pemberton on
"Espineter" <espineter(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> Please don't reveal internal secrets of your entry. People can read
> this public group and:
> -They can rewrite this code, and position before you only with a byte
> improvement of this code.
> -Also is possible extract ideas that can be applied in his entries

Aw...

I have two issues with that.

The first was how I can submit my entry without having email access, which
Ben and I discussed, but didn't completely resolve...

The second was that due to life and time constraints, I'm not sure if I'm
going to complete my entry. So, I was considering posting the smallest of
what I did do here so that perhaps io_x and Esra could team up and use it to
come up with a slightly smaller entry. I'm not going to post the 30+
display routines I've attempted, even though one of them may optimize
better... I'm missing the central ConFrom and ChkCell routines. So, it's
only likely they'll be able to shave a few bytes, if any. Even with my
code, I think it's very unlikely anyone will approach the size you currently
have... And, of course, you could use to keep your lead, if necessary...

Current size 98+(unknown):
40 bytes display routine
10 bytes entry + exit character
17 bytes random routine
13 bytes parameter routine
3 bytes move parameter to seed
15 bytes to setup initial x and y
(unknown) ConFrom
(unknown) ChkCell

Any takers? Comments from the judge?

Rod Pemberton

From: Esra Sdrawkcab on
On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 02:20:07 +0100, Espineter <espineter(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> Please don't reveal internal secrets of your entry. People can read
> this public group and:
> -They can rewrite this code, and position before you only with a byte
> improvement of this code.
> -Also is possible extract ideas that can be applied in his entries

io_x has published all (AFAIK) his code here, I've chipped in a few not
very ground-breaking suggestions. He's still a long way from 150 bytes let
alone 130 odd.

--
Nuns! Reverse!
From: Espineter on

> Aw...
>
> I have two issues with that.
>
> The first was how I can submit my entry without having email access, which
> Ben and I discussed, but didn't completely resolve...

Hi Rod
You can use a FTP server, web upload, etc... but I think the easy
way is open a free account at gmail.com, yahoo.com or hotmail.com. Or
use the email of a friend.

> The second was that due to life and time constraints, I'm not sure if I'm
> going to complete my entry.  So, I was considering posting the smallest of
> what I did do here so that perhaps io_x and Esra could team up and use it to
> come up with a slightly smaller entry.  I'm not going to post the 30+
> display routines I've attempted, even though one of them may optimize
> better...  I'm missing the central ConFrom and ChkCell routines.  So, it's
> only likely they'll be able to shave a few bytes, if any.  Even with my
> code, I think it's very unlikely anyone will approach the size you currently
> have...  And, of course, you could use to keep your lead, if necessary....

It's a pity that you can't complete your entry. As I can see you are
very close to finish. Also you can participate as a group, in earlier
compos there was a common way.

But if you, io_x and company post all your code here it's a free
help for the other participants. Perhaps doesn't affect to the top 4
or 5 in the ranking, but I think It's a good entry and making
optimizations can squeeze easily 10 or 20 bytes. The aim of this compo
is mantain the code secret until ends.

> Current size 98+(unknown):
>  40 bytes display routine
>  10 bytes entry + exit character
>  17 bytes random routine
>  13 bytes parameter routine
>  3 bytes move parameter to seed
>  15 bytes to setup initial x and y
>  (unknown) ConFrom
>  (unknown) ChkCell
>
> Any takers?  Comments from the judge?

Good size. Excelent 13 bytes parameter routine, mine is 15.

From: Espineter on
On Oct 11, 12:10 pm, "Esra Sdrawkcab" <ad...(a)127.0.0.1> wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 02:20:07 +0100, Espineter <espine...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> > Please don't reveal internal secrets of your entry. People can read
> > this public group and:
> > -They can rewrite this code, and position before you only with a byte
> > improvement of this code.
> > -Also is possible extract ideas that can be applied in his entries
>
> io_x has published all (AFAIK) his code here, I've chipped in a few not
> very ground-breaking suggestions. He's still a long way from 150 bytes let
> alone 130 odd.

Yes. I know it's an "amateur" entry. It's only a suggestion.
Probably it's difficult that the rest of the participants read this
group. I have found googling "hugi compo 29". So I think with some
easy improvements can be under 160 bytes.