From: rbme on
I've been troubleshooting with my i2c device for 2 weeks. I've made sure all connections are correct and have even had associates check as well. My device requires two 10K resistors which I am using but I keep getting this message: Error -301740 occurred at NI-845x I2C Write.vi:2Possible reason(s):NI-845x: The I2C master failed to seize the bus. Reasons include the absence of a pullup resistor on the SDA line, SCL line, or both, a transaction in progress by another master, or a bus fault condition in which the SDA line, SCL line, or both are being held low.Does anyone know what I should do?Thanks,Ross
From: tflink on
Hello,

I would start with checking the signals with an oscilloscope. Do you have the correct amplitude on the SCL and SDA pins and are they toggeling as expected?

Second would be if you have any other application running that also is communicating with the I2C that could "seize the bus", then close that one.

Also as the error mesage states could there be another master on the I2C bus? Or is your device not set to slave?

BR
Thomas
From: Song_M on
Hey rbme!  The 8451 requires pull up resistors between the ranges of 2.2 to 4.4 kOhms.  Please refer to the Knowledge Base article below: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5767Also, what example VI are you running?  Thanks!
From: rbme on
Ok thanks guys, I will try all thoses things right now and I am using my own VI for an HMC 6343.  If you like to look at it just let me know your email so that I can send it directly.
Thanks and will let you know result soon,
Ross
From: rbme on
Song,
I have a quick question: If my device requires a pull up resistor of 10k on the SDA and then the 8451 requires a 2.2-4.4k resistor on the SDA, how do I go about doing this?
Thanks,Ross
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: queue