From: Gerhard Torges on
Hello!

I need a script or tool to delete all events in 2 calendars between June
29th and Aug 01 this year.

Generally speaking, it shoud remove oder at least display teaching
events during school holidays. School holidays are defined in another
calendar.

Does anyone here know a tool or a script that will do that?
I tried with Automator but failed to get the events selected right from
the beginning. :(

Gerhard

--
"Ich habe ja nichts zu verbergen".
Nunja:
From: Chris Ridd on
On 2010-07-05 11:48:56 +0100, Gerhard Torges said:

> Hello!
> I need a script or tool to delete all events in 2 calendars between June
> 29th and Aug 01 this year.
> Generally speaking, it shoud remove oder at least display teaching
> events during school holidays. School holidays are defined in another
> calendar.

Export each calendar to ics format, and open the ics file in something
like TextWrangler (hang the expense!) If the events are sorted in the
file, it should be easy to do the pruning.

--
Chris

From: Woody on
Chris Ridd <chrisridd(a)mac.com> wrote:
> On 2010-07-05 11:48:56 +0100, Gerhard Torges said:
>
>> Hello!
>> I need a script or tool to delete all events in 2 calendars between
> > June
>> 29th and Aug 01 this year.
>> Generally speaking, it shoud remove oder at least display teaching
>> events during school holidays. School holidays are defined in another
>> calendar.
>
> Export each calendar to ics format, and open the ics file in something
> like TextWrangler (hang the expense!) If the events are sorted in the
> file, it should be easy to do the pruning.

That would give you an ics without the events, but it wouldn't remove
the events from your calendar. Unless you empty the calendar and the
reload it

--
Woody
From: Martin S Taylor on
Woody wrote
>>> Hello!
>>> I need a script or tool to delete all events in 2 calendars between
>>> June
>>> 29th and Aug 01 this year.
>>> Generally speaking, it shoud remove oder at least display teaching
>>> events during school holidays. School holidays are defined in another
>>> calendar.
>>
>> Export each calendar to ics format, and open the ics file in something
>> like TextWrangler (hang the expense!) If the events are sorted in the
>> file, it should be easy to do the pruning.
>
> That would give you an ics without the events, but it wouldn't remove
> the events from your calendar. Unless you empty the calendar and the
> reload it

I think that was what Chris meant.

You can do what you want in BusyCal, but it's a bit expensive to buy just to
do that. On the other hand, I'm a huge fan - it's so much better than iCal.

MST

From: Chris Ridd on
On 2010-07-05 17:11:56 +0100, Martin S Taylor said:

> Woody wrote
>>>
>>> Export each calendar to ics format, and open the ics file in something
>>> like TextWrangler (hang the expense!) If the events are sorted in the
>>> file, it should be easy to do the pruning.
>>
>> That would give you an ics without the events, but it wouldn't remove
>> the events from your calendar. Unless you empty the calendar and the
>> reload it
> I think that was what Chris meant.

Yeah, sorry. Import the edited calendar back afterwards. That might be
the entertaining bit, will iCal let you completely replace an existing
calendar or try to merge it in a cunning way? (You get your deleted
events back :-)

> You can do what you want in BusyCal, but it's a bit expensive to buy just to
> do that. On the other hand, I'm a huge fan - it's so much better than iCal.
> MST

How many events are we talking about BTW?
--
Chris