From: David Empson on
Gwynne Harper <g.harper(a)gmx.line> wrote:

> I was in a shopping centre in Qatar yesterday; US$990 for a new unlocked
> 3Gs (iPhone 4 months away here).

What are the local taxes like in Qatar, and which model was that?

Not too far off what we paid in New Zealand for an unlocked 32 GB iPhone
3GS: NZ$1349 (including 12.5% GST) = US$929 at today's exchange rate

The new 8 GB iPhone 3GS is available, and its NZ price dropped somewhat
so I'm hopeful that the iPhone 4 will be a little cheaper here than the
equivalent 3GS. The exchange rate has been fluctuating and is worse now
than it was three weeks ago, so I'm not holding my breath.

--
David Empson
dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz
From: Gwynne Harper on
David Empson <dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz> wrote:

> Gwynne Harper <g.harper(a)gmx.line> wrote:
>
> > I was in a shopping centre in Qatar yesterday; US$990 for a new unlocked
> > 3Gs (iPhone 4 months away here).
>
> What are the local taxes like in Qatar, and which model was that?
>
> Not too far off what we paid in New Zealand for an unlocked 32 GB iPhone
> 3GS: NZ$1349 (including 12.5% GST) = US$929 at today's exchange rate
>
> The new 8 GB iPhone 3GS is available, and its NZ price dropped somewhat
> so I'm hopeful that the iPhone 4 will be a little cheaper here than the
> equivalent 3GS. The exchange rate has been fluctuating and is worse now
> than it was three weeks ago, so I'm not holding my breath.

Not sure what the tax s on phones - generally low - but to be fair it
was 32GB.

Gwynne
--
My real email is net, not line.
From: Adrian C on
On 05/07/2010 09:37, Gwynne Harper wrote:

>> The new 8 GB iPhone 3GS is available, and its NZ price dropped somewhat
>> so I'm hopeful that the iPhone 4 will be a little cheaper here than the
>> equivalent 3GS. The exchange rate has been fluctuating and is worse now
>> than it was three weeks ago, so I'm not holding my breath.
>
> Not sure what the tax s on phones - generally low - but to be fair it
> was 32GB.

However, not too far away in that part of the world is UAE, Dubai.

Knockoff capital of the world apparently.

Ye can get 'anything' ...

--
Adrian C
From: Pd on
Adrian C <email(a)here.invalid> wrote:

> >> The new 8 GB iPhone 3GS is available, and its NZ price dropped somewhat

> However, not too far away in that part of the world is UAE, Dubai.

Where exactly do you think New Zealand is?

--
Pd
From: ray on
Pd <peterd.news(a)gmail.invalid> wrote:

> > However, not too far away in that part of the world is UAE, Dubai.
>
> Where exactly do you think New Zealand is?

I think he meant not too far from Abu Dhabi which is a short camel ride
from Dubai. Well, shortish.
--
http://www.dream-weaver.com/email.php
Web development promotion and seo