From: Tom Stiller on
In article
<michelle-806508.17245904072010(a)62-183-169-81.bb.dnainternet.fi>,
Michelle Steiner <michelle(a)michelle.org> wrote:

> All the help files and sites I could find (and I acknowledge that I haven't
> found all of them) say that there's an iDisk item in the Go menu. There
> isn't one on my machine, though. I am able to access my iDisk via the
> sidebar of a Finder window, though.
>
> So are all those help files/sites wrong and/or outdated, or is there
> something that I'm overlooking?
>
> Mac OS X 10.6.4

I don't have an iDisk, but i _do_ have an iDisk item in the Finder's Go
menu.

iMac 7,1 - Mac OS X 10.6.4.

--
Tom Stiller

PGP fingerprint = 5108 DDB2 9761 EDE5 E7E3 7BDA 71ED 6496 99C0 C7CF
From: nospam on
In article
<michelle-D9493D.18152504072010(a)62-183-169-81.bb.dnainternet.fi>,
Michelle Steiner <michelle(a)michelle.org> wrote:

> > > All the help files and sites I could find (and I acknowledge that I
> > > haven't found all of them) say that there's an iDisk item in the Go
> > > menu. There isn't one on my machine, though. I am able to access my
> > > iDisk via the sidebar of a Finder window, though.
> > >
> > > So are all those help files/sites wrong and/or outdated, or is there
> > > something that I'm overlooking?
> > >
> > > Mac OS X 10.6.4
> >
> > I don't have an iDisk, but i _do_ have an iDisk item in the Finder's Go
> > menu.
>
> Very strange. Here's a screen shot of my Go menu:
>
> <http://files.me.com/michelle_eris/yhqufg>

strange indeed. i have an idisk menu item.

i would love to get rid of it since i never use idisk and have no
intention of ever using it.
From: Blipstein on

"nospam" <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> In article
> <michelle-D9493D.18152504072010(a)62-183-169-81.bb.dnainternet.fi>,

>> > I don't have an iDisk, but i _do_ have an iDisk item in the Finder's Go
>> > menu.
>>
>> Very strange. Here's a screen shot of my Go menu:
>>
>> <http://files.me.com/michelle_eris/yhqufg>
>
> strange indeed. i have an idisk menu item.
>
> i would love to get rid of it since i never use idisk and have no
> intention of ever using it.

Right click - delete.

From: nospam on
In article <UGaYn.14780$4B7.8929(a)newsfe16.iad>, Blipstein
<CBlipstien(a)worldcom.net> wrote:

> >> Very strange. Here's a screen shot of my Go menu:
> >>
> >> <http://files.me.com/michelle_eris/yhqufg>
> >
> > strange indeed. i have an idisk menu item.
> >
> > i would love to get rid of it since i never use idisk and have no
> > intention of ever using it.
>
> Right click - delete.

right click delete on what?

it's a menu item.
From: Phillip Jones on
nospam wrote:

>>> strange indeed. i have an idisk menu item.
>>>
>>> i would love to get rid of it since i never use idisk and have no
>>> intention of ever using it.
>>
>> Right click - delete.
>
> right click delete on what?
>
> it's a menu item.

You folks must lead a sheltered life ;-)

go to finder the click on
http://screencast.com/t/ZGY5NDhjNm

then uncheck item I have highlighted in this screenshot

http://screencast.com/t/NDIxZjc0YTg

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T. "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net mailto:pjones1(a)kimbanet.com