From: Woody on
iballooka <kamtek(a)nospamtoday.hotmail.com> wrote:

> On 2010-08-11 11:14:23 +0100, Woody <usenet(a)alienrat.co.uk> said:
>
> > Jim <jim(a)magrathea.plus.com> wrote:
> >> Anyone got one of these? Any good?
> >
> > Yes, and yes.
> >
> >> I'll be away for a week on holiday and now have no laptop to sync my
> >> camera with. Does the iPad kit take in the full images from the camera
> >> of does it render then down to a more iPad-friendly form?
> >

> > It takes full images from the camera, to the point whe it is now causing
> > me a problem as one of my cameras is a 40d shooting in 10mp canon raw
> > files. As a result, 3/4 of my iPad is taken up with photos.
> >
> > You get the USB one and the sd one. The USB connects to both of my
> > cameras fine (a canon and a Fuji, one is disk mode the other is USB
> > mode) and also reads the sd card from both the small camera and my video
> > camera.
> >
> >> I'm hoping the former, as the latter would make the kit pretty
> >> useless.
> >
> > It would. Well, not useless but certainly not as useful
>
> I asked Apple Support can RAW Images be imported direct and keep the
> RAW format they said NO they are converted????
>
> I asked can they be imported directly into Aperture NO you have to use
> iPhoto so I nevr bought an iPad.....
>
> If your saying RAW images can be imported and be imported into a Mac
> Pro then I am interested at buting one....
>
> Can you please confirm that you can import RAW direct and get them off
> the iPad in original state....

Yep.

But just to be on the safe side, I checked.

Took a picture with the camera (cannon 40d). Connected it to the iPad,
told it to import and delete. Picture turned up in iPad. There isn't
much info there, so all you can do is look at it.

Then connect to the macbook. After the sync, it appears in iPhoto, and
after a short while the pictures all appear, including the one I just
took. Then import that.
In iPhoto it shows as:

kind: Canon Raw
Size: 2592 x 3888
12.2MB

If I export it it appears as IMG_9901.CR2. Get info in the finder says:

Kind: Canon Camera Raw file
Dimensions: 2"5"9"2" X" 3"8"8"8"
Device model: Canon EOS 40D

etc.

So yes, it works.

--
Woody

www.alienrat.com
From: iballooka on
On 2010-08-12 21:28:29 +0100, usenet(a)alienrat.co.uk (Woody) said:

> iballooka <kamtek(a)nospamtoday.hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> Yes, and yes.

>>> It takes full images from the camera, to the point whe it is now causing
>>> me a problem as one of my cameras is a 40d shooting in 10mp canon raw
>>> files. As a result, 3/4 of my iPad is taken up with photos.
>>>
>>> You get the USB one and the sd one. The USB connects to both of my
>>> cameras fine (a canon and a Fuji, one is disk mode the other is USB
>>> mode) and also reads the sd card from both the small camera and my video
>>> camera.

>>> It would. Well, not useless but certainly not as useful
>>
>> I asked Apple Support can RAW Images be imported direct and keep the
>> RAW format they said NO they are converted????
>>
>> I asked can they be imported directly into Aperture NO you have to use
>> iPhoto so I nevr bought an iPad.....
>>
>> If your saying RAW images can be imported and be imported into a Mac
>> Pro then I am interested at buting one....
>>
>> Can you please confirm that you can import RAW direct and get them off
>> the iPad in original state....
>
> Yep.
>
> But just to be on the safe side, I checked.
>
> Took a picture with the camera (cannon 40d). Connected it to the iPad,
> told it to import and delete. Picture turned up in iPad. There isn't
> much info there, so all you can do is look at it.
>
> Then connect to the macbook. After the sync, it appears in iPhoto, and
> after a short while the pictures all appear, including the one I just
> took. Then import that.
> In iPhoto it shows as:
>
> kind: Canon Raw
> Size: 2592 x 3888
> 12.2MB
>
> If I export it it appears as IMG_9901.CR2. Get info in the finder says:
>
> Kind: Canon Camera Raw file
> Dimensions: 2"5"9"2" X" 3"8"8"8"
> Device model: Canon EOS 40D
>
> etc.
>
> So yes, it works.

That is very interesting, thanks for the info....

--
Mike
Peace and Happiness is a State of Mind....