From: R.Giskard Reventlov on
Ok so I have my nice new iPad 3G 64gb with an O2 Usim in it.
I should be able to connect to BT Openzone Hotspots via Wi-Fi.

The first time I tried it it asked for my iPad's mobile number which I
entered and it worked fine.

At a different Hotspot it asks me for a username and password

I have tried entering the email address and password I use to sign up for
the O2 data plan and just the mobile number but no joy.

Any ideas?

From: Stephen2 on
On Jun 7, 12:20 pm, "R.Giskard Reventlov" <*nosp...(a)invalid.invalid>
wrote:
> Ok so I have my nice new iPad 3G 64gb with an O2 Usim in it.
> I should be able to connect to BT Openzone Hotspots via Wi-Fi.
>
> The first time I tried it it asked for my iPad's mobile number which I
> entered and it worked fine.
>
> At a different Hotspot it asks me for a username and password
>
> I have tried entering the email address and password I use to sign up for
> the O2 data plan and just the mobile number but no joy.
>
> Any ideas?

FWIW I had the same problem with iphone tethering. O2 said the plan
included wifi hotspot access via bt openzone but I was never able to
connect. BT said to call o2 and o2 continued to claim it should work
after a great deal of time on the phone to their technical team.
Eventually I was told they would call me back and I never heard
anymore about it. This was over a year ago I think.

tmobile also stitched me up over bt openzone access with a mobile
broadband account. The account initially included hotspot access then
about a month into the contract they changed the terms & conditions so
that it no longer included wifi hotspot access as part of the same
monthly payment, without telling me. I ran up over £200 in charges
which I had to pay!!

Pages: 1
Prev: 24 month contracts
Next: New iPhone G4 for £137