From: Gwynne Harper on
Ric <infobubble(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Could get the signal to drop noticeably by holding in left hand
> instead of right, which was a bit odd.

I assume you've now seen this:

<http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8761240.stm>

Gwynne
--
My real email is net, not line.
From: zoara on
Gwynne Harper <g.harper(a)gmx.line> wrote:
> Ric <infobubble(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Could get the signal to drop noticeably by holding in left hand
>> instead of right, which was a bit odd.
>
> I assume you've now seen this:
>
> <http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8761240.stm>

Surely it's right-handers who suffer worst, as they'll hold the phone in
their left hand while calling (so they can take notes or whatever with
the other hand) or while using the other features (so they can use their
right hand to poke at the screen)?

I could replicate this - easily - on about eight phones I tried in the
Apple Store. Supposedly there's a fix around the corner, maybe
tomorrow... http://bit.ly/cHTDYl

-z-

--
email: nettid1 at fastmail dot fm