From: Lednard on
Hi guys, a relative noob here when it comes to linux but trying
anyways.

I've selected opensuse 64bit as my venture into linux land. It
installed flawlessly and I've figured most things out so far but
now I'm stuck.

I found a free game called freeorion I decided to try out. It
states I need ia32bit-libs to run it on a 64bit OS. I've
searched the repositories for it, read the forums and googled my
fingers off to no avail. I tried mesa-32bit but nadda.

Go gentle please any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
From: TW on
On 08/13/2010 05:11 AM, Lednard wrote:
> Hi guys, a relative noob here when it comes to linux but trying
> anyways.
>
> I've selected opensuse 64bit as my venture into linux land. It
> installed flawlessly and I've figured most things out so far but
> now I'm stuck.
>
> I found a free game called freeorion I decided to try out. It
> states I need ia32bit-libs to run it on a 64bit OS. I've
> searched the repositories for it, read the forums and googled my
> fingers off to no avail. I tried mesa-32bit but nadda.
>
> Go gentle please any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards

Try to figure out the dependencies using the ldd command and install
those 32 bit libs. You can start by installing glibc 32 bits, because
that's something which is needed anyway.
taco
From: David Bolt on
On Friday 13 Aug 2010 04:11, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
Lednard painted this mural:

<snip>

> I found a free game called freeorion I decided to try out. It
> states I need ia32bit-libs to run it on a 64bit OS. I've
> searched the repositories for it, read the forums and googled my
> fingers off to no avail. I tried mesa-32bit but nadda.
>
> Go gentle please any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Looking at the forum for the Linux version, you will need to add these
packages:

Mesa-32bit
glibc-32bit
xorg-x11-libX11-32bit

Adding them using YaST2 will pull in any other required dependencies.

There may be others required that don't seem to be listed, but without
starting it up to find out, I don't know.

Regards,
David Bolt

--
Team Acorn: www.distributed.net
| | openSUSE 11.3RC2 32b |

From: Lednard on
David Bolt <blacklist-me(a)davjam.org> wrote in

> Looking at the forum for the Linux version, you will need
> to add these packages:
>
> Mesa-32bit
> glibc-32bit
> xorg-x11-libX11-32bit
>
> Adding them using YaST2 will pull in any other required
> dependencies.
>
> There may be others required that don't seem to be listed,
> but without starting it up to find out, I don't know.
>

> Regards,
> David Bolt

Thanx to all for the assistance. I had those packages already
installed and found an old post by someone who got it to work
on an earlier version of opensuse.

I added xorg-x11-libxdmcp-32bit and away it went.

Once again thanx to all for the swift help.

Regards

Keith