From: djm on
Hello. I just made my first video out of still photos and i have one
question I hope someone can answer. I noticed that the icon created for my
video displays one of the photos, but I don't particularly want that photo to
represent my video. Is there a way to change this icon or to select a photo
to be used by Movie Maker when you "publish" the project?

--
djm
From: John Inzer on
djm wrote:
> Hello. I just made my first video out of still photos and i have one
> question I hope someone can answer. I noticed that the icon created
> for my video displays one of the photos, but I don't particularly
> want that photo to represent my video. Is there a way to change this
> icon or to select a photo to be used by Movie Maker when you
> "publish" the project?
======================================
The first photo in the slideshow should be the thumb.

And...if you begin the slideshow with a fade in from
black....the thumb should be black.

--

Volunteer J - MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

From: djm on
Thank you for responding. It makes sense for the first photo to be used, but
I made 2 or 3 copies of the same video and different photos were used each
time. I will try using the fade in feature to see if I can just get the
black thumbnail rather than a photo. Thank you very much!
--
djm

From: John Inzer on
djm wrote:
> Thank you for responding. It makes sense for the first photo to be
> used, but I made 2 or 3 copies of the same video and different photos
> were used each time. I will try using the fade in feature to see if
> I can just get the black thumbnail rather than a photo. Thank you
> very much!
=======================================
Are you running Windows XP?

Are you saying you created one .wmv movie file and
then made copies (right click/copy) and the thumbs
are different?

--

Volunteer J - MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience