From: Trevor on
Trying to do something I have done countless times - simply drag a clip from
imported video to the time line (using Vista and MM ver 6). But it won't
drop there.

Any suggestions?

From: John Inzer on
Trevor wrote:
> Trying to do something I have done countless times - simply drag a
> clip from imported video to the time line (using Vista and MM ver 6).
> But it won't drop there.
>
> Any suggestions?
=====================================
FWIW...this is a Win XP newsgroup.

The video file probably has a compatibility issue.

--

Volunteer J - MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

From: Trevor on
It was the only Movie Maker group I could find.

I haven't done anything different to the hundred of time i've done it from
the same video camera with the same format files

From: John Inzer on
Trevor wrote:
> It was the only Movie Maker group I could find.
====================================
Try the following ng:

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video

Or:

Windows Vista - Pictures and Video
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistapictures/threads

Or:

Movie Maker Forums
http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/Forums/Default.aspx
====================================
> I haven't done anything different to the hundred of time i've done it
> from the same video camera with the same format files
====================================
What is the format of the video clip?

Could the video clip be corrupted? Might be worth
a try to download another copy from the camera.

Have you tried going to...Tools / Options /
Compatibility tab and unchecking all the filters?

--

Volunteer J - MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice