From: Beverly Howard on
>> most interested in locating a user manual <<

Generally, not much need for a user manual... the only reason that has
come up for needing a manual with most winmobile devices is to find out
how to hard reset them, but with wm5, think you might find options in
the system menu option.

Almost everything else is in the context sensitive help menu and, when
not there, the next best option is to post the question here.

WM5 was a major os leap and 5.0 had (imho) some serious problems,
especially with file handling on the memory card and network
connections. Activesync 4.x

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/downloads/microsoft/activesync-download.mspx

is required to sync on XP but for Vista and above, WMDC (again, imho) is
not worth the grief... look at exchange sync options such as
http://bevhoward.com/GoogleSync.htm instead.

The above page indicates that 4.5 will work on earlier versions of
windows, but, I'm pretty sure it will not work on earlier platforms
unless 4.5 was reworked to do so.

Beverly Howard

From: k on

"Beverly Howard" <Bev(a)NoSpamBevHoward.com> wrote in message
> >> most interested in locating a user manual <<
>
> Generally, not much need for a user manual... the only reason that has
> come up for needing a manual with most winmobile devices is to find out
> how to hard reset them, but with wm5, think you might find options in the
> system menu option.
>
> Almost everything else is in the context sensitive help menu and, when not
> there, the next best option is to post the question here.
>
> WM5 was a major os leap and 5.0 had (imho) some serious problems,
> especially with file handling on the memory card and network connections.
> Activesync 4.x
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/downloads/microsoft/activesync-download.mspx
>
> is required to sync on XP but for Vista and above, WMDC (again, imho) is
> not worth the grief... look at exchange sync options such as
> http://bevhoward.com/GoogleSync.htm instead.
>
> The above page indicates that 4.5 will work on earlier versions of
> windows, but, I'm pretty sure it will not work on earlier platforms unless
> 4.5 was reworked to do so.

it's the phone and the gps side of things I'm most interested in - the OS /
PDA side of the device is pretty simple to work out as you say. Still happy
with 2003 on my Toshiba e800 bluetooth models ;)