From: k on
going nuts here..

I've picked up a phone on ebay (image here:
http://www.aainternationaltradingcorp.com/wholesale/picture-wholesale/smartphone20.jpg -
and the seller is kinda useless..

and I cannot find what it actually *is*

ok, a chinese phone sure - anyone have a clue? I'm wanting the user manual

As far as markings go it's got Windows Mobile written on the front, "Smart"
on the back, runs wm 5.0 and he 'logo' badge on mine says GPS (which it has)

googling for days fruitlessly going through images and webpages has
suggested it's an icool 08, a CECT 08, a MiPhone 08

but anything clearer that might lead me to a manual has been difficult to
find

any help or suggestions appreciated, thanks

From: r_z_aret on
On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 20:39:10 +0800, "k" <fekafek(a)PING.com> wrote:

>going nuts here..
>
>I've picked up a phone on ebay (image here:
>http://www.aainternationaltradingcorp.com/wholesale/picture-wholesale/smartphone20.jpg -
>and the seller is kinda useless..
>
>and I cannot find what it actually *is*
>
>ok, a chinese phone sure - anyone have a clue? I'm wanting the user manual
>
>As far as markings go it's got Windows Mobile written on the front, "Smart"
>on the back, runs wm 5.0 and he 'logo' badge on mine says GPS (which it has)
>
>googling for days fruitlessly going through images and webpages has
>suggested it's an icool 08, a CECT 08, a MiPhone 08
>
>but anything clearer that might lead me to a manual has been difficult to
>find
>
>any help or suggestions appreciated, thanks

Try looking for a label under the battery
Some versions of Windows Mobile provide info in
Settings -> System -> About.

Robert E. Zaret, MVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02116
www.penfact.com
From: k on

<r_z_aret(a)pen_fact.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 20:39:10 +0800, "k" <fekafek(a)PING.com> wrote:

> Try looking for a label under the battery
> Some versions of Windows Mobile provide info in
> Settings -> System -> About.

nothing revealing there other than it's WM 5.x

Under the battery, the only recognisable English is '08' .. everything else
is Chinese

thanks for the suggestions though

From: Beverly Howard on
As Robert asked, what's under Settings -> System -> About

In addition, look for Settings -> System -> DeviceInformation

Report back on the contents of all of the aboves' tabs.

>> WM5 <<

Not a good finding, the 5.? would be informative... also, its likely not
upgradable

Beverly Howard
From: k on

"Beverly Howard" <Bev(a)NoSpamBevHoward.com> wrote in message
> As Robert asked, what's under Settings -> System -> About
>
> In addition, look for Settings -> System -> DeviceInformation
>
> Report back on the contents of all of the aboves' tabs.

About info (no, this hasn't helped me so far) and there is no Device
Information tab, icon or otherwise - that would have been a handy way to
find out about the thing

the About icon leads me to the relatively useless:

Windows Mobile 5.0 with the Messanging and
Security Feature Pack
OS 5.1.525 (Build 15364.3.4.4)
Processor ARM926T OMAP730
Memory 44.96Mb

> >> WM5 <<
>
> Not a good finding, the 5.? would be informative... also, its likely not
> upgradable

not fussed abot that, I'm most interested in locating a user manual .. for
which I need an idea what the thing is ;)

thanks