From: bharat pathak on
Hello All,

Lets say,

N = 32;
n = 0 : N-1;
fin = 1500 hz;
Fs = 48000 hz; % Fs/fin = 32/1

xn = sin(2*pi*fin*n/Fs + theta)
xk = fft(xn)

If Fs and fin are exact mutiple, if i have theta non-zero,
will it cause spectral leakage in FFT mag response, or it will
show up as an added offset in the phase plot?

Regards
Bharat
From: Rune Allnor on
On 28 Jul, 15:58, "bharat pathak" <bharat(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.arithos.com>
wrote:
> Hello All,
>
>     Lets say,
>
>     N   = 32;
>     n   = 0 : N-1;
>     fin = 1500 hz;
>     Fs  = 48000 hz; % Fs/fin = 32/1
>
>     xn  = sin(2*pi*fin*n/Fs + theta)
>     xk  = fft(xn)
>
>     If Fs and fin are exact mutiple, if i have theta non-zero,
>     will it cause spectral leakage in FFT mag response, or it will
>     show up as an added offset in the phase plot?
>
> Regards
> Bharat

Why don't you try it and see?

Rune
From: Vladimir Vassilevsky on

Rune Allnor wrote:

> On 28 Jul, 15:58, "bharat pathak" <bharat(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.arithos.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Hello All,
>>
>> Lets say,
>>
>> N = 32;
>> n = 0 : N-1;
>> fin = 1500 hz;
>> Fs = 48000 hz; % Fs/fin = 32/1
>>
>> xn = sin(2*pi*fin*n/Fs + theta)
>> xk = fft(xn)
>>
>> If Fs and fin are exact mutiple, if i have theta non-zero,
>> will it cause spectral leakage in FFT mag response, or it will
>> show up as an added offset in the phase plot?
>>
>>Regards
>>Bharat
>

> Why don't you try it and see?

Because he is imbecile and hopeless idiot. Don't you know this already?

From: Rune Allnor on
On 28 Jul, 16:07, Vladimir Vassilevsky <nos...(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
> Rune Allnor wrote:
> > On 28 Jul, 15:58, "bharat pathak" <bharat(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.arithos.com>
> > wrote:
>
> >>Hello All,
>
> >>    Lets say,
>
> >>    N   = 32;
> >>    n   = 0 : N-1;
> >>    fin = 1500 hz;
> >>    Fs  = 48000 hz; % Fs/fin = 32/1
>
> >>    xn  = sin(2*pi*fin*n/Fs + theta)
> >>    xk  = fft(xn)
>
> >>    If Fs and fin are exact mutiple, if i have theta non-zero,
> >>    will it cause spectral leakage in FFT mag response, or it will
> >>    show up as an added offset in the phase plot?
>
> >>Regards
> >>Bharat
>
> > Why don't you try it and see?
>
> Because he is imbecile and hopeless idiot. Don't you know this already?

Seems I had too much time on my hands... thanks for pointing it out.

Rune
From: Dirk Bell on
On Jul 28, 9:58 am, "bharat pathak" <bharat(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.arithos.com>
wrote:
> Hello All,
>
>     Lets say,
>
>     N   = 32;
>     n   = 0 : N-1;
>     fin = 1500 hz;
>     Fs  = 48000 hz; % Fs/fin = 32/1
>
>     xn  = sin(2*pi*fin*n/Fs + theta)
>     xk  = fft(xn)
>
>     If Fs and fin are exact mutiple, if i have theta non-zero,
>     will it cause spectral leakage in FFT mag response, or it will
>     show up as an added offset in the phase plot?
>
> Regards
> Bharat

Bharat,

Aren't you teaching seminars on DSP?

Dirk
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: RGB of Audio
Next: fft spectrum analyser using c6416 dsk