From: Keith G Hicks on
Access 2003 (2000 format)

I've done quite a bit of Word automation from Access to build forms for
clients but I'm stumped. I'm trying to dynamically build a table of
signatures at the bottom of a document. The signatures are stored in a table
in Access in an OLE Object type field. I created a single row table in the
form with a bookmark in the first cell (I've done this type of thing before
using objWord.Selection.MoveRight Unit:=wdCell and it works fine for
creating tables of info in a Word doc from Access). But I need to get the
signatures into the cells and not just text.

I've tried this:

Set rngWord = docWord.Goto(what:=wdGoToBookmark, Name:="FirstSignature")
rngWord.InsertAfter rs!Signature

The code runs but it pastes the long string of unintelligable garbage that
is the textual interpretation of the signature into the cell.

I'm really not sure how to handle this. If anyone can help I'd really
appreciate it.

Thanks,

Keith

From: Keith G Hicks on
Well I just remembered we have all the signatures I need to work with as
AutoText in a Word template so I'm gonig to just use AutoText to get the
signature in from a code I'm putting in via VBA. I've tested it and it works
fine. However, if anyone still would like to answer the original question
that's be great because I'd rather do it that way anywho. :-)

Keith

Pages: 1
Prev: Open a NotePad
Next: How To: Ribbons