From: Azzi Stefano on
How i can implement a Clean Boot on WM5?

I have read info on this link
http://blogs.msdn.com/ce_base/archive/2006/02/09/How_OEMs_implement_Clean_Boot_on_WM5.aspx but i don't understand.

How i can implement IOCTL_HAL_QUERY_FORMAT_PARTITION?

Thanks in advance.

From: " ctacke/>" on
You don't implement IOCTL_HAL_QUERY_FORMAT_PARTITION, the OEM does. If it
is implemented, then you can call it from an papplication (provided you have
the privilege to do so. A huge warning on this though - if the OS itself is
on a partition visible to the FSD, then you could easily format the wrong
partition a completely destroy the device. I highly recommend a full ROM
image backup before even thinking about trying this.

--
Chris Tacke
OpenNETCF Consulting

From: Azzi Stefano on
How the OEM implement IOCTL_HAL_QUERY_FORMAT_PARTITION? I should change a
value in a registry and after a reboot i can call
IOCTL_HAL_QUERY_FORMAT_PARTITION from my application?

Thanks

From: " ctacke/>" on
The OEM would have to put in their OEMIoControl routine support for the
IOCTL_HAL_QUERY_FORMAT_PARTITION constant. You can't do it afterward, so if
it's not there, you have no recourse. If it is there, you can call it
through a P/Invoke to KernelIoControl. The registry has nothing to do with
it.

From: " ctacke/>" on