From: luiroto on

Phil Carmody ha escrito:

> luiroto(a)yahoo.com writes:
> > JAVIER RAMOS HERMAN ha escrito:
> > > I think that close study of the 6n-1 and 6n+1 series and the sieving frequencies can lead to the proof that twin prime numbers are infinite.
>> > Too much optimist.
>
> THat bit's true.
>
> > On the contrary, the coincidence of two primes in
> > the sequences 6n+1 and 6n-1 throws the problem to probability
> > calculus, that is, out of deterministic mathematics.
>
> But that's hovering between wrong and meaningless.
>
> It's entirely deterministic, we just don't have the methods for
> concluding the result that we desire yet. The techniques used nowadays
> may be analytic rather than discrete, but that doesn't mean that
> the results are somehow not absolute.
> Phil
As Javier spoke of "sieving frequencies" I made reference to
probability.
Really it is deterministic, but I think the sequence of primes is a
Chaotic
Recursive Sequence, that is: unpredictable.Then it is perfectly
possible that the
conjecture be false.
Ludovicus

From: JAVIER RAMOS HERMAN on
this algorithm just allows to sieve without multiples of 2 and 3.

sorry if you do not understand the meaning of sieving frequencies. i thought it was clear.
what do you not understand about them?

i know twin prime numbers are infinite because i have worked with this recursive structure of prime numbers for a while

we know than prime numbers are infinite.

this means that there is an infinitude of prime numbers
in the form 6*n-1 and in the form 6*n+1 aswell.

a pair of twin prime numbers occurs when for a specific symetry
both series have not been sieved

if there is an infinitude of prime numbers with the symetry of the sieve for 6*n-1 and 6*n+1 it seems clear
that there is an infinitude of twin prime numbers

in other words if prime numbers are infinite then twin prime numbers are also infinite.

i know this is no proof that's why i posted this improved sieve. i hope than we together can prove it
From: JAVIER RAMOS HERMAN on
Re: improved sieve of erastothenes

Phil Carmody ha escrito:

> luiroto(a)yahoo.com writes:
> > JAVIER RAMOS HERMAN ha escrito:
> > > I think that close study of the 6n-1 and 6n+1 series and the sieving frequencies can lead to the proof that twin prime numbers are infinite.
>> > Too much optimist.
>
> THat bit's true.
>
> > On the contrary, the coincidence of two primes in
> > the sequences 6n+1 and 6n-1 throws the problem to probability
> > calculus, that is, out of deterministic mathematics.
>
> But that's hovering between wrong and meaningless.
>
> It's entirely deterministic, we just don't have the methods for
> concluding the result that we desire yet. The techniques used nowadays
> may be analytic rather than discrete, but that doesn't mean that
> the results are somehow not absolute.
> Phil
As Javier spoke of "sieving frequencies" I made reference to
probability.
Really it is deterministic, but I think the sequence of primes is a
Chaotic
Recursive Sequence, that is: unpredictable.Then it is perfectly
possible that the
conjecture be false.
Ludovicus

please work with the algorithm either for hp 48 or the c++ version to get a touch with the improved sieve.

you will then see that prime numbers can be defined with a recursive structure

thank you for your comments
javier
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2