From: JAVIER RAMOS HERMAN on
details of the improved sieve:

http://www.geocities.com/arcangel212999/PRIMES_TEXT_IMPROVED_SIEVE_OF_ERASTHOTHENES_FOR_HP-48.html

algorithm in C++:

http://www.geocities.com/arcangel212999/deltazieb.TXT

i think that close study of the 6n-1 and 6n+1 series and the sieving frequencies can lead to the proof than twin prime numbers ae infinite.

feel free to contact me for any questions or comments under this email: arcangel212999(a)yahoo.com

thank you

javier ramos herman
From: Pubkeybreaker on

JAVIER RAMOS HERMAN wrote:
> details of the improved sieve:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/arcangel212999/PRIMES_TEXT_IMPROVED_SIEVE_OF_ERASTHOTHENES_FOR_HP-48.html

May I suggest that the next time you set out to "improve" something
simple,
you should do a little research to see what is already known?

(1) Your "improvement" is nothing of the kind.
(2) Better results are already known. In particular, look up the
sub-linear
sieve of Richard Brent et.al.

> i think that close study of the 6n-1 and 6n+1 series and the sieving frequencies can lead to the proof than twin prime numbers ae infinite.

Please explain what leads you to this conclusion. Your expression "the
sieving
frequencies" is not mathematics. It is undefined gibberish.

From: luiroto on

JAVIER RAMOS HERMAN ha escrito:

> I think that close study of the 6n-1 and 6n+1 series and the sieving frequencies can lead to the proof that twin prime numbers are infinite.
> javier ramos herman

Too much optimist. On the contrary, the coincidence of two primes in
the sequences 6n+1 and 6n-1 throws the problem to probability
calculus, that is, out of deterministic mathematics.

From: Phil Carmody on
"Pubkeybreaker" <Robert_silverman(a)raytheon.com> writes:
> JAVIER RAMOS HERMAN wrote:
> > details of the improved sieve:
> >
> > http://www.geocities.com/arcangel212999/PRIMES_TEXT_IMPROVED_SIEVE_OF_ERASTHOTHENES_FOR_HP-48.html
> >

> May I suggest that the next time you set out to "improve" something
> simple,
> you should do a little research to see what is already known?
>
> (1) Your "improvement" is nothing of the kind.
> (2) Better results are already known. In particular, look up the
> sub-linear sieve of Richard Brent et.al.

Indeed. I don't believe we know exactly what level of tech
Eratosthenes took his sieve too, but it's easy to imagine
that he realised pretty early on that there was no need to
sieve the even numbers. This, on its own, is using a wheel.
{1} mod 2. There's no reason to suspect that he might not
also have dabbled with larger wheels such as {1,5} mod 6.

Improvements - for me the end of the story is Galway. If Atkin's
was the Queen of sieves, then Galway's is perhaps the King.

Phil
--
"Home taping is killing big business profits. We left this side blank
so you can help." -- Dead Kennedys, written upon the B-side of tapes of
From: Phil Carmody on
luiroto(a)yahoo.com writes:
> JAVIER RAMOS HERMAN ha escrito:
>
> > I think that close study of the 6n-1 and 6n+1 series and the sieving frequencies can lead to the proof that twin prime numbers are infinite.
> > javier ramos herman
>
> Too much optimist.

THat bit's true.

> On the contrary, the coincidence of two primes in
> the sequences 6n+1 and 6n-1 throws the problem to probability
> calculus, that is, out of deterministic mathematics.

But that's hovering between wrong and meaningless.

It's entirely deterministic, we just don't have the methods for
concluding the result that we desire yet. The techniques used nowadays
may be analytic rather than discrete, but that doesn't mean that
the results are somehow not absolute.

Phil
--
"Home taping is killing big business profits. We left this side blank
so you can help." -- Dead Kennedys, written upon the B-side of tapes of
/In God We Trust, Inc./.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Galileo's Paradox