From: rvj on

Cant get any vpath information because www server setting on tracking tab
does not retain the setting !

I change the www server setting, then select apply and then ok the tab

If I reopen the tab , the original default (blank) setting is now showing

????

From: .._.. on
Try one level up. Also, check for a setting in the individual catalog that
says "get defaults from root" or something like that.

From: rvj on

the next level up is the indexing service and the tracking tab does not have
a www server option to specify a default

as regards the catalog - its tracking tab does have an option to inherit
settings but irrepective of whether or not it is flagged I still cant change
the www server option

well I think I tried most things already including stopping bothe the index
service and IIS

vista sp2 (build 6002) and IIS 7.0.6000 and index service 6.0.6001

From: .._.. on
Vista? You mean IIS 7.5. That probably has disabled settings just like
every other version of the server stuff that was put in desktop operating
systems.

Try in the Vista specific newsgroups.

From: rvj on
thanks