From: JH on
Hi,

We would like to add today's date when reply or forward an email.
We can only find the option of inserting a certain text when reply or forward.
But wondering if we can add "dates"??

example:
[Diana Wong Feb. 25th]:

Whether the "date" can be updated?

Thanks.
From: VanguardLH on
JH wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We would like to add today's date when reply or forward an email.
> We can only find the option of inserting a certain text when reply or forward.
> But wondering if we can add "dates"??
>
> example:
> [Diana Wong Feb. 25th]:
>
> Whether the "date" can be updated?
>
> Thanks.

That's what the Date header is for. Works on any e-mail that you send (new,
reply, or forward).

If using Word as Outlook's new-mail editor, and if sending HTML-formatted
e-mails, perhaps you could create a template. Word allows inserting of
fields, like a date field, into a document which should update with the
current date when the template is again opened.

http://www.google.com/search?q=%2Boutlook+%2Bemail+%2Btemplate+%2Bfield+%2Bdate

The 2nd article might help:

http://www.ablebits.com/outlook-templates-phrases/onlinehelp.php