From: john hamiliton on
we have two phones we want to connect up to 18185 indirect service. In case
we have to ring abroad from the U.K..

The 18185 people give an *Access number*: 020 81 80 2828. So you ring that
and then you have to dial the destination number you want that's abroad.

I seem to remember many years ago doing a similar thing on a phone and if i
inserted some symbol like a '*' or something i could enter into the phone
the access number, then the symbol and then my destination number. So it
could set it up as a 'short cut' and it would dial out the whole thing for
me in one go. My phone is a nokia 6300 and my son's is a blackberry. (I
mention that in case some clever person actually knows what symbols are that
I have to put in).

I cannot think what this 'insertion of symbols' process is called, so I am
stuck as to how to put an entry in to google, to find out how to do it.
Grateful for any advice, thanks.

From: Steve Terry on
"john hamiliton" <bluestarx(a)mail.invalid> wrote in message
> we have two phones we want to connect up to 18185 indirect service. In
> case we have to ring abroad from the U.K..
>
> The 18185 people give an *Access number*: 020 81 80 2828. So you ring that
> and then you have to dial the destination number you want that's abroad.
>
> I seem to remember many years ago doing a similar thing on a phone and if
> i inserted some symbol like a '*' or something i could enter into the
> phone the access number, then the symbol and then my destination number.
> So it could set it up as a 'short cut' and it would dial out the whole
> thing for me in one go. My phone is a nokia 6300 and my son's is a
> blackberry. (I mention that in case some clever person actually knows what
> symbols are that I have to put in).
>
> I cannot think what this 'insertion of symbols' process is called, so I am
> stuck as to how to put an entry in to google, to find out how to do it.
> Grateful for any advice, thanks.

Check out the current thread "Three callthrough" on this ng

Steve Terry
--
Welcome Sign-up Bonus of �1 when you signup free at:
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/G4WWK

From: JL on
On 10 June, 21:22, "john hamiliton" <bluest...(a)mail.invalid> wrote:
> we have two phones we want to connect up to 18185 indirect service. In case
> we have to ring abroad from the U.K..
>
> The 18185 people give an *Access number*: 020 81 80 2828. So you ring that
> and then you have to dial the destination number you want that's abroad.
>
> I seem to remember many years ago doing a similar thing on a phone and if i
> inserted some symbol like a '*' or something i could enter into the phone
> the access number, then the symbol and then my destination number. So it
> could set it up as a 'short cut' and it would dial out the whole thing for
> me in one go. My phone is a nokia 6300 and my son's is a blackberry. (I
> mention that in case some clever person actually knows what symbols are that
> I have to put in).
>
> I cannot think what this 'insertion of symbols' process is called, so I am
> stuck as to how to put an entry in to google, to find out how to do it.
> Grateful for any advice, thanks.

On the Nokia press star 3 or 4 times and a P or W will appear. The P
will give a pause for a few seconds and then automatically continue
with the number. The W or wait will prompt you to click 'send' at the
appropriate points. You can add multiple Ps / Ws

On the BlackBerry you need to type the first bit of the number then
click the 'BlackBerry Button' and choose 'Add Pause' or 'Add Wait'
from the menu.

Hope this helps

JL
From: john hamilton on

"JL" <newsaccount(a)mail2web.com> wrote in message
> On 10 June, 21:22, "john hamiliton" <bluest...(a)mail.invalid> wrote:
>> we have two phones we want to connect up to 18185 indirect service. In
>> case
>> we have to ring abroad from the U.K..
>>
>> The 18185 people give an *Access number*: 020 81 80 2828. So you ring
>> that
>> and then you have to dial the destination number you want that's abroad.
>>
>> I seem to remember many years ago doing a similar thing on a phone and if
>> inserted some symbol like a '*' or something i could enter into the phone
>> the access number, then the symbol and then my destination number. So it
>> could set it up as a 'short cut' and it would dial out the whole thing
>> for
>> me in one go. My phone is a nokia 6300 and my son's is a blackberry. (I
>> mention that in case some clever person actually knows what symbols are
>> that
>> I have to put in).
>>
>> I cannot think what this 'insertion of symbols' process is called, so I
>> am
>> stuck as to how to put an entry in to google, to find out how to do it.
>> Grateful for any advice, thanks.
>
> On the Nokia press star 3 or 4 times and a P or W will appear. The P
> will give a pause for a few seconds and then automatically continue
> with the number. The W or wait will prompt you to click 'send' at the
> appropriate points. You can add multiple Ps / Ws
>
> On the BlackBerry you need to type the first bit of the number then
> click the 'BlackBerry Button' and choose 'Add Pause' or 'Add Wait'
> from the menu.
>
> Hope this helps
> JL

JL you're a top man ! Thanks.