From: Sandy on
Hi,
I've updated Windows server 2003 with SP1 previously.
Now due to changes in applications which i'm using, i need to update to SP2.

can you please tell me what is the procedure for this.
means my query is: i've downloaded
"WindowsServer2003-KB914961-SP2-x86-ENU.exe". do i need to uninstall sp1
initially or not? or can i install this .exe file directly? what are the
preinstallation steps i need to take care of?

Please provide entire procedure. I will be happy if you can explain with
snapshots.

Please help me. i'm not much aware of the servers.
From: SteveB on
Please insure that you have installed the specific SBS 2003 SP1 which had
several components including Windows Server 2003 SP1. Running the SBS 2003
Best Practice Analyzer (BPA) will check this and also flag any other
problems that may exist. After correcting these you should be able to
install Windows Server 2003 SP2 without problem.

From: Merv Porter [SBS-MVP] on
I presume your server is running SBS 2003. Just to back up Steve's
assessment, here are some links:

Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Best Practices Analyzer
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3874527a-de19-49bb-800f-352f3b6f2922&displaylang=en

How to install Service Pack 1 for SBS 2003
http://www.smallbizserver.net/Articles/tabid/266/Id/68/How-to-install-Service-Pack-1-for-SBS-2003.aspx

If SBS 2003 SP1 (which includes Windows Server 2003 SP1 and other upgrades)
is already installed and there are no errors in the Event Logs, you should
be able to installed Windows Server 2003 SP2 without installing anything.
Make sure you have a FULL backup of your server before you start any
upgrade.

--
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]