From: MowGreen on
Michael wrote:
> "MowGreen" <mowgreen(a)nowandzen.com> wrote in message
>> Peter Foldes wrote:
>>> Norton strikes again. Get rid of Norton by using the Norton Removal Tool
>>> and install something like Nod32
>>>
>>> Norton Removal Tool
>>> http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039
>>>

>> I concur. Norton360 is NOT compatible with Windows and is causing the
>> Access Denied error, 0x80070005.
>>

>> MowGreen
>
> Not to agree or disagree, but I used Norton products since '98 starting
> with a Gateway, then on 2 home built machines, 4 laptops and finally
> this Dell. Started with Systemworks and ended with 360 and never had a
> Windows Update problem. I no longer use it, but not due to problems. I
> now have everything running MSE. I'm just wondering why it only effects
> random systems?

Michael ... you've seen some of the posts in this NG, right ?
PEBCAK adds to the general "incompatibility" of Symantec products for
the Home User if you catch my drift.

BTW, I have a copy of System Works 2000 that Symantec gave me that's
been lying around since 1999 if you want it.

MowGreen
================
* -343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com
From: Michael on
> Michael wrote:
>> "MowGreen" <mowgreen(a)nowandzen.com> wrote in message

>>> I concur. Norton360 is NOT compatible with Windows and is causing the
>>> Access Denied error, 0x80070005.
>>>

>>> MowGreen
>>
>> Not to agree or disagree, but I used Norton products since '98 starting
>> with a Gateway, then on 2 home built machines, 4 laptops and finally
>> this Dell. Started with Systemworks and ended with 360 and never had a
>> Windows Update problem. I no longer use it, but not due to problems. I
>> now have everything running MSE. I'm just wondering why it only effects
>> random systems?
>

> Michael ... you've seen some of the posts in this NG, right ?
> PEBCAK adds to the general "incompatibility" of Symantec products for the
> Home User if you catch my drift.

I already knew this Mow. I glad you put it in print. Nice to see
"political correctness" hasn't taken over everything and everyone.

> BTW, I have a copy of System Works 2000 that Symantec gave me that's been
> lying around since 1999 if you want it.

Got ya by 1 year. I still have my original Systemworks 1998 with the box.
Don't ask me why...
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Contact Symantec Support.

From: Harry Johnston [MVP] on
Michael,

I've dealt with Norton a lot at work. My experience is that it is somewhat
unreliable, even though nine out of ten computers won't have a problem.

I've never caught a glimpse of any particular pattern to the issues we've had.

Harry.

--
"I wish that, just once, some terrorist would try something that you can only
foil by upgrading the passengers to first class and giving them free drinks."
From: Michael on
In my years using Norton it always caught any nasties to come down the net.
My only argument with it was the bloat. That was eliminated when I got this
Dell XPS. It's a shame it effects some systems for no reason. Now
CrapAfee, otoh, has to be worst AV suite I've ever encountered. When
Communistcast gave it to their subscribers I put it on my laptop. It was
about as effective as a screen door on a submarine.