From: paul3200 on
i am planning to install a windows 7 ultimate on a new hard drive. i have one
question will i need to install all of the drivers again?? if i do will it
just be the motherboard or the video card etc.???

ps i have a Fujitsu Esprimo E5905 with upgraded ram
From: Bob I on
What do you mean "again"? This is a new OS installation, the drivers
haven't ever been installed.

From: DL on
It will be the drivers for all your hardware that is going to be used under
win7
Though I believe Fujitsu only lists Vista drivers, so you have run the Win7
upgrade advisor?

From: JS on

"paul3200" <p710a(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>i am planning to install a windows 7 ultimate on a new hard drive. i have
>one
> question will i need to install all of the drivers again?? if i do will it
> just be the motherboard or the video card etc.???
>
> ps i have a Fujitsu Esprimo E5905 with upgraded ram

It's best to go to Fujitsu's web site and download
the Windows 7 versions of chipset and all other drivers.

If Fujitsu has not posted any drivers for the E5905 then
install Windows 7 (but "do not activate", you have a 30 day grace period)
and then check Device Manager) to see if the drivers Windows 7 installed
all the device drivers you need. Then download and install the driver for
your
video card from the card manufacture's web site.

--
JS
http://www.pagestart.com

From: Shenan Stanley on
paul3200 wrote:
> i am planning to install a windows 7 ultimate on a new hard drive.
> i have one question will i need to install all of the drivers
> again?? if i do will it just be the motherboard or the video card
> etc.???
>
> ps i have a Fujitsu Esprimo E5905 with upgraded ram

New hard drive, new install of Windows 7. That's clean. Not "again". You
are starting fresh.

You will want to get the drivers for the mainboard chipset, video device,
audio device, network device(s), etc.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP