From: Michael Kummer on
Hi,

for several years I use Totalcommander with XP. A right-click opened a menu
with i.e. my virus-scanner (GData Antivirus), so I could scan a file or a
directory.

Now I changed my system to windows7 home professional (64bit). I installed
Totalcommander 7.55a and GData Antivirus 2011. Everything seems to work
fine.

But unfortunately I could not find the right-click menu in Totalcommander.

Any hints or ideas?

Thanks in advance

Michael
From: Michael Kummer on
Am Wed, 21 Jul 2010 14:50:19 +0200 schrieb Michael Kummer:

> Hi,
>
> for several years I use Totalcommander with XP. A right-click opened a menu
> with i.e. my virus-scanner (GData Antivirus), so I could scan a file or a
> directory.
>
> Now I changed my system to windows7 home professional (64bit). I installed
> Totalcommander 7.55a and GData Antivirus 2011. Everything seems to work
> fine.
>
> But unfortunately I could not find the right-click menu in Totalcommander.
>
> Any hints or ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Michael

solved: I had to configure the X64 menu (wich had no items before).

Thanks

Michael
From: Shenan Stanley on

Michael Kummer wrote:
> solved: I had to configure the X64 menu (wich had no items before).

In the future - you might consider asking the creators/supporters of the
product *first* before trying a general group like this. Especially if you
pay for the software. ;-)

http://www.ghisler.com/faq.htm

In addition to the forums, etc they have ther e- the built-in help for
TotalCommander has this entry when you search for "Right Click Menu":

"Total Commander offers local menus (context menus) for several interface
elements. All these menus can be opened through a right mouse click:

- In the file windows you can reach the local menus also by pressing
SHIFT+F10. If the right mouse button is used to select files, you can reach
the right click menu by holding down the button a bit longer (about 1
second).
With the commands Copy and Cut the selected files can be copied/moved
through the clipboard. You can simply choose Paste in the context menu of
the target path.

- On 64-bit Windows, an additional submenu "X64" is shown for files. This
menu allows to use 64-bit shell extensions from 32-bit Total Commander! You
can configure which shell extensions should be shown there in case of
problems with some extensions, or to speed up the loading of the X64
submenu.

The FTP client also has a local menu, which allows to add specific files to
a list for later download.

- The button bar also contains a local menu to edit or delete single
buttons.

- You can get a local menu for the current path and directory by right
clicking on the path name and the drive list/drive button, respectively. The
F8 button has a local menu for Recycle bin."

Just saying that the quicker support for a product usually comes from those
who create and are supposed to support it - and if the support sucks - there
is almost always an alternative filling the gap and you probably should
reconsider purchasing such a product.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Michael Kummer on
Am Wed, 21 Jul 2010 11:25:26 -0500 schrieb Shenan Stanley:

> Michael Kummer wrote:
>> for several years I use Totalcommander with XP. A right-click
>> opened a menu with i.e. my virus-scanner (GData Antivirus), so I
>> could scan a file or a directory.
>>
>> Now I changed my system to windows7 home professional (64bit). I
>> installed Totalcommander 7.55a and GData Antivirus 2011. Everything
>> seems to work fine.
>>
>> But unfortunately I could not find the right-click menu in
>> Totalcommander.
>>
>> Any hints or ideas?
>
> Michael Kummer wrote:
>> solved: I had to configure the X64 menu (wich had no items before).
>
> In the future - you might consider asking the creators/supporters of the
> product *first* before trying a general group like this. Especially if you
> pay for the software. ;-)
>
> http://www.ghisler.com/faq.htm
>
> In addition to the forums, etc they have ther e- the built-in help for
> TotalCommander has this entry when you search for "Right Click Menu":
>
> "Total Commander offers local menus (context menus) for several interface
> elements. All these menus can be opened through a right mouse click:
>
> - In the file windows you can reach the local menus also by pressing
> SHIFT+F10. If the right mouse button is used to select files, you can reach
> the right click menu by holding down the button a bit longer (about 1
> second).
> With the commands Copy and Cut the selected files can be copied/moved
> through the clipboard. You can simply choose Paste in the context menu of
> the target path.
>
> - On 64-bit Windows, an additional submenu "X64" is shown for files. This
> menu allows to use 64-bit shell extensions from 32-bit Total Commander! You
> can configure which shell extensions should be shown there in case of
> problems with some extensions, or to speed up the loading of the X64
> submenu.
>
> The FTP client also has a local menu, which allows to add specific files to
> a list for later download.
>
> - The button bar also contains a local menu to edit or delete single
> buttons.
>
> - You can get a local menu for the current path and directory by right
> clicking on the path name and the drive list/drive button, respectively. The
> F8 button has a local menu for Recycle bin."
>
> Just saying that the quicker support for a product usually comes from those
> who create and are supposed to support it - and if the support sucks - there
> is almost always an alternative filling the gap and you probably should
> reconsider purchasing such a product.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP

Thank you very much, you are right and the X64-submenu was the solution.

Michael