From: F Murtz on
A mate just got a new toshiba laptop but has discovered that the @
symbol is where the " is and vice versa although the key board is marked
normally, Why? and how to fix?
From: Bill_h on
On Wed, 19 May 2010 21:20:07 +1000, F Murtz wrote:

> A mate just got a new toshiba laptop but has discovered that the @
> symbol is where the " is and vice versa although the key board is marked
> normally, Why? and how to fix?

Sounds like he fucked up the country settings. @ and " are reversed for
UK keyboards and others.
From: F Murtz on
Bill_h wrote:
> On Wed, 19 May 2010 21:20:07 +1000, F Murtz wrote:
>
>> A mate just got a new toshiba laptop but has discovered that the @
>> symbol is where the " is and vice versa although the key board is marked
>> normally, Why? and how to fix?
>
> Sounds like he fucked up the country settings. @ and " are reversed for
> UK keyboards and others.

Thanks,it is a new computer so that is probably what he did.
From: Ken Beale on

"Bill_h" <bill_h(a)mindless.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 19 May 2010 21:20:07 +1000, F Murtz wrote:
>
>> A mate just got a new toshiba laptop but has discovered that the @
>> symbol is where the " is and vice versa although the key board is marked
>> normally, Why? and how to fix?
>
> Sounds like he fucked up the country settings. @ and " are reversed for
> UK keyboards and others.

Thanks for that. I recently bought a new Compaq laptop which has the same
issue with the @ and the " symbols. I thought it was a fault in the
keyboard. I now know what to do to correct the problem.

Ken

From: Mike Rofone on
SG1 wrote...

> Blame the FW who is toooo stupid to own a computer.

Or perhaps they're not fixated on sitting on their fat arses in front of a
computer screen and merely wish to use them as tools to get their work done.

ie. they require/want the bare minimum of knowledge to operate them.