From: vjp2.at on

I just destroyed a USB fob because I found IRCBUTE/Taquito on it.
I am trying to find out if it got there from a browser (likeliest
suspect) or from opening PDF files. Can it just get there by using the
file system? I believe I got it by downloading two zip files (my own
files) using a browser at a public library.

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2

From: FromTheRafters on
<vjp2.at(a)at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com> wrote in message

> I just destroyed a USB fob because I found IRCBUTE/Taquito on it.
> I am trying to find out if it got there from a browser (likeliest
> suspect) or from opening PDF files. Can it just get there by using the
> file system? I believe I got it by downloading two zip files (my own
> files) using a browser at a public library.

It probably happened as soon as you plugged it into the library
computer.

There was no need to destroy the fob.

From: vjp2.at on

So IRCBRUTE works through the file system?

*+-There was no need to destroy the fob.

I agree, but no one was willing to help me fix it.

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2

From: David H. Lipman on
From: <vjp2.at(a)at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com>

| So IRCBRUTE works through the file system?

| *+-There was no need to destroy the fob.

| I agree, but no one was willing to help me fix it.

It loaded via an AutoRun worm.
That's why you should disable AutoPlay/AutoRun on a PC where you use
random-read/random-write media.

--
Dave

From: Char Jackson on
On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 19:28:09 +0000 (UTC),
vjp2.at(a)at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:

>So IRCBRUTE works through the file system?
>
>*+-There was no need to destroy the fob.
>
>I agree, but no one was willing to help me fix it.

In what way was it broken that it required fixing? Or is this just a
language thing?