From: mosfet on
Hi,

I would like to know if it possible to associate rectangular icon to an
imagelist for a CListCtrl or is it mandatory to be square?
From: GT on
"mosfet" <john.doe(a)anonymous.org> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if it possible to associate rectangular icon to an
> imagelist for a CListCtrl or is it mandatory to be square?

I don't know of any icons that aren't square! You can of course have a
transparent background on an icon, so the 'shape' of the image in the icon
can be anything.

From: David Ching on
"mosfet" <john.doe(a)anonymous.org> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if it possible to associate rectangular icon to an
> imagelist for a CListCtrl or is it mandatory to be square?

I've wondered this myself. Is it possible to add rectanglar icons to the
listctrl's imagelist and just use them?

I've also had the request to increase the item height of a list control.
I'm wondering if the height of the icon in the imagelist could be increased
so that each row would be increased to accomodate the icon.

-- David

From: Michael K. O'Neill on
"mosfet" <john.doe(a)anonymous.org> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if it possible to associate rectangular icon to an
> imagelist for a CListCtrl or is it mandatory to be square?

Absolutely. I have used rectangular icons in the shape of flags (like
country flags and state flags).