From: les on
I have been sent a file by wap push and cant seem to connect my phone
so is it possible to get the file on my pc in anyway?
Im very new to this type of tech
From: Denis McMahon on
les wrote:
> I have been sent a file by wap push and cant seem to connect my phone
> so is it possible to get the file on my pc in anyway?
> Im very new to this type of tech

If your phone has a usb cable and your pc has usb, just connect them.

If the phone has no usb cable but has bluetooth, and the pc has usb but
no bluetooth, you can get a usb - bluetooth dongle for about GBP 2.00
inc postage on ebay.

Rgds

Denis McMahon
From: les on
On Dec 22, 1:08 am, Denis McMahon <denis.m.f.mcma...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> les wrote:
> > I have been sent a file by wap push and cant seem to connect my phone
> > so is it possible to get the file on my pc in anyway?
> > Im very new to this type of tech
>
> If your phone has a usb cable and your pc has usb, just connect them.
>
> If the phone has no usb cable but has bluetooth, and the pc has usb but
> no bluetooth, you can get a usb - bluetooth dongle for about GBP 2.00
> inc postage on ebay.
>
> Rgds
>
> Denis McMahon

Thanks Denis
The phone has usb and my computer has usb
Have connected together but not sure what settings to use for picking
up a wap push file (receiving)
What seems to be happening when i connect is the reverse - ie; the
laptop thinks its gonna use the phone to connect to the internet, if i
could get the phone to use the laptop as a gateway to the internet
that would be good - any advise welcome - thanks
From: Whiskers on
On 2009-12-22, les <gm4jnw(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 22, 1:08 am, Denis McMahon <denis.m.f.mcma...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> les wrote:
>> > I have been sent a file by wap push and cant seem to connect my phone
>> > so is it possible to get the file on my pc in anyway?
>> > Im very new to this type of tech
>>
>> If your phone has a usb cable and your pc has usb, just connect them.
>>
>> If the phone has no usb cable but has bluetooth, and the pc has usb but
>> no bluetooth, you can get a usb - bluetooth dongle for about GBP 2.00
>> inc postage on ebay.
>>
>> Rgds
>>
>> Denis McMahon
>
> Thanks Denis
> The phone has usb and my computer has usb
> Have connected together but not sure what settings to use for picking
> up a wap push file (receiving)
> What seems to be happening when i connect is the reverse - ie; the
> laptop thinks its gonna use the phone to connect to the internet, if i
> could get the phone to use the laptop as a gateway to the internet
> that would be good - any advise welcome - thanks

<http://www.palowireless.com/wap/wappush.asp>

What is WAP Push?

A WAP Push is an SMS message which contains a link to a WAP page. When
a compatible handset receives a WAP Push message, it allows the user
to access that WAP content.

If your handset isn't WAP capable, or your mobile phone service doesn't
include WAP, you won't be able to access WAP pages on the handset. But if
you can read the address of the WAP page, you should be able to access
that page using your computer - either directly in your usual browser, or
using an on-line 'emulator'
<http://www.pathikshah.com/blog/access-wap-sites-on-pc/>.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers
From: Denis McMahon on
les wrote:
> On Dec 22, 1:08 am, Denis McMahon <denis.m.f.mcma...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> les wrote:
>>> I have been sent a file by wap push and cant seem to connect my phone
>>> so is it possible to get the file on my pc in anyway?
>>> Im very new to this type of tech
>> If your phone has a usb cable and your pc has usb, just connect them.
>>
>> If the phone has no usb cable but has bluetooth, and the pc has usb but
>> no bluetooth, you can get a usb - bluetooth dongle for about GBP 2.00
>> inc postage on ebay.

> Thanks Denis
> The phone has usb and my computer has usb
> Have connected together but not sure what settings to use for picking
> up a wap push file (receiving)
> What seems to be happening when i connect is the reverse - ie; the
> laptop thinks its gonna use the phone to connect to the internet, if i
> could get the phone to use the laptop as a gateway to the internet
> that would be good - any advise welcome - thanks

Hmm, I don't use windows, but this is what happens on my linux machine:

When I enable bluetooth on the phone, I get a bluetooth icon in the
computer taskbar which has an option on it for the phone, then under the
phone option I have sub-options to send files to device or browse files
on device.

Browsing lets me copy files from phone to computer.

I can't play music files direct from the phone across bluetooth, but can
open picture files across the bluetooth interface though.

Bit weird, maybe it's file sizes or something.

Rgds

Denis McMahon