From: Huub "v.niekerk at on
Hi,

I want to build java/jdk15, and after downloading the src, bin and patch
file, I get a form about some includings. I erroneously say yes to
TZUPDATE, but now it keeps asking for that file. How do I correct this?

Thanks,

Huub
From: Eddie Corns on
Huub <"v.niekerk at hccnet.nl"> writes:

>Hi,

>I want to build java/jdk15, and after downloading the src, bin and patch
>file, I get a form about some includings. I erroneously say yes to
>TZUPDATE, but now it keeps asking for that file. How do I correct this?

There's probably a better way and if there is I'd love to hear it (and where
it's documented, it took me ages to figure it out). If you look in
/var/db/ports/jdk15 you'll see an options file - you can tweak it or delete it
and start again.

On a related note - I installed jdk1.4 last night on a newly built 6.2 system.
Am I understanding correctly that the native port depends on having the linux
port installed (linux-sun-jdk-1.4.2.13)? It seems counter intuitive!

Eddie
From: Jason Bourne on
Eddie Corns wrote:
[snip]

> On a related note - I installed jdk1.4 last night on a newly built 6.2
> system. Am I understanding correctly that the native port depends on
> having the linux
> port installed (linux-sun-jdk-1.4.2.13)? It seems counter intuitive!
>
> Eddie

Yes, this is true. IIRC it also needs the linux compat and possibly the
linprocfs mounted as well. The diablo-jdk15 may possibly be a better path,
as it sidesteps all the nonsense. Info here:

http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/downloads/java.shtml

-Jason

From: Eddie Corns on
Jason Bourne <j_bourne_treadstone(a)hotmail.com> writes:

>Eddie Corns wrote:
>[snip]
>>
>> On a related note - I installed jdk1.4 last night on a newly built 6.2
>> system. Am I understanding correctly that the native port depends on
>> having the linux
>> port installed (linux-sun-jdk-1.4.2.13)? It seems counter intuitive!
>>
>> Eddie

>Yes, this is true. IIRC it also needs the linux compat and possibly the
>linprocfs mounted as well. The diablo-jdk15 may possibly be a better path,
>as it sidesteps all the nonsense. Info here:

> http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/downloads/java.shtml

Thanks. It's not really a problem - I just wanted to be sure I wasn't doing
something stoopid. I'll keep a note of diable for future reference.

Cheers,
Eddie
From: Warren Block on
Eddie Corns <eddie(a)holyrood.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> Huub <"v.niekerk at hccnet.nl"> writes:
>>I want to build java/jdk15, and after downloading the src, bin and patch
>>file, I get a form about some includings. I erroneously say yes to
>>TZUPDATE, but now it keeps asking for that file. How do I correct this?
>
> There's probably a better way and if there is I'd love to hear it (and where
> it's documented, it took me ages to figure it out). If you look in
> /var/db/ports/jdk15 you'll see an options file - you can tweak it or delete it
> and start again.

It's better to just run 'make config' in the port directory again.