From: adjgiulio on
I open a ticket with SAS Tech Support around joining tables that are
on the same server but different databases. I was pointed tot his
link:
http://support.sas.com/kb/33/417.html

Is it really possible the SAS does not have any SAS/ACCESS option to
indicate that two databases are on the same server and the query
should be processed on the SQL server instead of bringing all the
tables involved back to the workspace and run the query there? Seems
to be such a basic feature...

Thanks,

From: Patrick on
Well, that's what the SAS Note you reference says.

But it also says: "The Pass-Through facility must be used to join
tables from different databases on the same server."

I understand this in the sense that you should use explicit pass
through meaning you should write your SQL statement in SQL Server
syntax.
From: Ed on
And that means Rsubmit your proc sql code. You do not want to incur
the network overhead of sending/receiving data over a lan connection
just to run a query. It will be very slow. Better to do it on a server
and return the results just once to your workstation.