From: Andrew Poulos on
I understand that many people are happily using jquery and are not
experiencing any problems.

Here it is a Sunday morning and I'm trying to fix an elearning course
that is not communicating with a Learning Management System (LMS). The
LMS is compliant with a standard called SCORM 1.2 which depends on
javascript to "move" data about.

Alas the LMS that my client has installed, at a relative high expense,
uses jquery as its intermediary and there appears to be a bug and one of
the calls is returning the error ...is undefined.

The elearning course passes all the tests in the appropriate SCORM (ADL)
test suites so the error can only be in the LMS. It look like the error
is in jquery. Of course the LMS vendor cannot give me their source code.
So now I'll be caught between an client and a (most likely)
quick-stepping LMS vendor.

Andrew Poulos
From: David Mark on
On Jul 24, 6:22 pm, Andrew Poulos <ap_p...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> I understand that many people are happily using jquery and are not
> experiencing any problems.

Or any problems that they know or "care" about. :)

> Here it is a Sunday morning and I'm trying to fix an elearning course
> that is not communicating with a Learning Management System (LMS). The
> LMS is compliant with a standard called SCORM 1.2 which depends on
> javascript to "move" data about.

I see.

> Alas the LMS that my client has installed, at a relative high expense,
> uses jquery as its intermediary and there appears to be a bug and one of
> the calls is returning the error ...is undefined.

Trouble in paradise. :)

> The elearning course passes all the tests in the appropriate SCORM (ADL)
> test suites so the error can only be in the LMS. It look like the error
> is in jquery.

Always a likely suspect.

> Of course the LMS vendor cannot give me their source code.
> So now I'll be caught between an client and a (most likely)
> quick-stepping LMS vendor.

I'd be glad to help you with that Andrew. It's what I do. ;)
From: Jeff North on
On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 08:22:18 +1000, in comp.lang.javascript Andrew
Poulos <ap_prog(a)hotmail.com>
<z9GdnRHO--Y4-tbRnZ2dnUVZ_tudnZ2d(a)westnet.com.au> wrote:

>| I understand that many people are happily using jquery and are not
>| experiencing any problems.
>|
>| Here it is a Sunday morning and I'm trying to fix an elearning course
>| that is not communicating with a Learning Management System (LMS). The
>| LMS is compliant with a standard called SCORM 1.2 which depends on
>| javascript to "move" data about.
>|
>| Alas the LMS that my client has installed, at a relative high expense,
>| uses jquery as its intermediary and there appears to be a bug and one of
>| the calls is returning the error ...is undefined.

Are the calls part of the vendors API or has the client written their
own?

Have you thought of lodging a helpdesk ticket with the vendor?

From: Andrew Poulos on
On 25/07/2010 8:56 AM, David Mark wrote:
> On Jul 24, 6:22 pm, Andrew Poulos<ap_p...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Of course the LMS vendor cannot give me their source code.
>> So now I'll be caught between an client and a (most likely)
>> quick-stepping LMS vendor.
>>

> I'd be glad to help you with that Andrew. It's what I do. ;)

Thanks for the offer.

On Monday I'll try talking to the client to get permission to contact
the LMS vendor but I'm acutely aware that if the LMS vendor is selling a
relatively expensive product and one of its javascript components is at
fault I'm not going to get much joy.

--

Like the other web app, I was hired to use, that sits on ExtJS and runs
fairly slowly:

When there was negligible, if any, speed improvement the whole cycle
started again. All the while the onus was on me ie. I felt the client
thought I was either incompetent or maliciously bumping up my hours.

Oh, I almost laughed out loud when the web app contact told me that it
runs just fine on their server.

Andrew Poulos
From: Andrew Poulos on
On 25/07/2010 10:13 AM, Jeff North wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 08:22:18 +1000, in comp.lang.javascript Andrew
> Poulos<ap_prog(a)hotmail.com>
> <z9GdnRHO--Y4-tbRnZ2dnUVZ_tudnZ2d(a)westnet.com.au> wrote:
>
>> | I understand that many people are happily using jquery and are not
>> | experiencing any problems.
>> |
>> | Here it is a Sunday morning and I'm trying to fix an elearning course
>> | that is not communicating with a Learning Management System (LMS). The
>> | LMS is compliant with a standard called SCORM 1.2 which depends on
>> | javascript to "move" data about.
>> |
>> | Alas the LMS that my client has installed, at a relative high expense,
>> | uses jquery as its intermediary and there appears to be a bug and one of
>> | the calls is returning the error ...is undefined.
>
> Are the calls part of the vendors API or has the client written their
> own?

I can't see all of the javascript that's in use. The call causing the
error is not part of my code (which passes the ADL test suite and runs
sans error on the LMS I have access to). The call in question is part of
the vendor's API.

> Have you thought of lodging a helpdesk ticket with the vendor?

Yep, I'll be trying to do that on Monday.

Andrew Poulos
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: JQuery Ajax
Next: Celexa 10 mg, 5mg Celexa, Celexa acne