From: ~hp-hdx~ on
My friend's new win7 laptop is popping up a window that wants to run
jucheck.exe. He asked me what it is and if its safe. Googling didn't
really
clear it up for us. I found that it is a java updater and is harmless, and
that it's
a trojan and dangerous.
Can anyone clear this up?
Thanks,
Al

From: Pen on
On 5/7/2010 1:00 PM, ~hp-hdx~ wrote:
> My friend's new win7 laptop is popping up a window that wants to run
> jucheck.exe. He asked me what it is and if its safe. Googling didn't
> really
> clear it up for us. I found that it is a java updater and is harmless,
> and that it's
> a trojan and dangerous.
> Can anyone clear this up?
> Thanks,
> Al
If the file is in a a Java subdirectory in Program
Files/common files them it's a Java updater. If a search
finds one in a subdirectory of %windows% then it's
a problem. you can also check the properties of the file for
Sun trademarks.
From: Franc Zabkar on
On Fri, 7 May 2010 15:00:44 -0400, "~hp-hdx~" <bogus(a)dont.use> put
finger to keyboard and composed:

>My friend's new win7 laptop is popping up a window that wants to run
>jucheck.exe. He asked me what it is and if its safe.

Upload it to VirusTotal where it will be scanned by about 40 antivirus
products.

http://www.virustotal.com/en/indexx.html

- Franc Zabkar
From: cj on