From: Erik de Castro Lopo on
Nasser M. Abbasi wrote:

> On 6/8/2010 6:55 PM, HardySpicer wrote:
>
> > On Jun 9, 7:41 am, "grzegorz g."
> >
> > Why the Hell Python? Why not use Javascript while you're at it!
>
> fyi, Python is used a lot in mathematics software these days.

But its not used much for DSP code. For DSP its usually C, C++
or matlab/octave.

> Sage uses
> Python, Numpy is in Python, as well as SciPy, and many more. Many
> people write scientific software in Python.

Many people drink too much alcohol and then drive motor vehicles.
That still doesn't make it a good idea.

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/
From: pnachtwey on
On Jun 8, 8:44 pm, Tim Wescott <t...(a)seemywebsite.now> wrote:
> I don't do Python.
Python with numpy and scipy is a good alternative to Scilab.
At least there is a real debugger.

Peter Nachtwey
From: Eric Jacobsen on
On 6/8/2010 9:05 PM, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> Nasser M. Abbasi wrote:
>
>> On 6/8/2010 6:55 PM, HardySpicer wrote:
>>
>>> On Jun 9, 7:41 am, "grzegorz g."
>>>
>>> Why the Hell Python? Why not use Javascript while you're at it!
>>
>> fyi, Python is used a lot in mathematics software these days.
>
> But its not used much for DSP code. For DSP its usually C, C++
> or matlab/octave.
>
>> Sage uses
>> Python, Numpy is in Python, as well as SciPy, and many more. Many
>> people write scientific software in Python.

Or FORTRAN.

> Many people drink too much alcohol and then drive motor vehicles.
> That still doesn't make it a good idea.
>
> Erik

The cool kids still use Logo.

Or so I'm told...

--
Eric Jacobsen
Minister of Algorithms
From: grzegorz g. on
ok, I see that you (DSP guys) use a matlab/octave and it's more popular (in
this area). However:
1. nobody said why python is so shity in DSP
2. I don't really care - either you can help me or discuss about your
disapprovement for python somewhere else.

ctrl+c,ctrl+v was a bad idea, so I upload it:

http://www.2shared.com/file/f_G2QtG6/kalman.html

From: Michael on
Do you really expect help now?

---