From: Zolt on
I tried to install the October 2009 CU on a MOSS farm, on which I have
installed the SP2, and I always get an error message saying : The expected
version of the product was not found on the system.
Anybody has an idea?

From: Yury James Stevenson on
Zolt,

try running the upgrade command from the command line before installing
the update, maybe SP2 didn't finish upgrading all the database schemas:

psconfig -cmd upgrade -inplace v2v -force -wait
(version to version upgrade)

or

psconfig -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -force -wait
(build to build upgrade)

Then try running the update again.

--
regards,