From: Darklight on
any alternatives to KDETV for opensuse 11.2 i tried to install kdetv from
the 11.1 repository as kdetv does no exsist in the 11.2 repository but no
joy i have a kworld expert capture card. i had it working in 10.3 but no
joy with 11.2 kde4.3 i got sound but no pic.

when i open kdetv and go to video it says 'no device found'.
tried tvtime, motv
From: keith on
On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 18:37:13 +0000, Darklight wrote:

i had it working in 10.3
> but no joy with 11.2 kde4.3 i got sound but no pic.
>
> when i open kdetv and go to video it says 'no device found'. tried
> tvtime, motv

Sounds a bit driver-ish. Are you sure that you've got the right drivers
installed for the card?

Keith
From: Darklight on
keith wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 18:37:13 +0000, Darklight wrote:
>
> i had it working in 10.3
>> but no joy with 11.2 kde4.3 i got sound but no pic.
>>
>> when i open kdetv and go to video it says 'no device found'. tried
>> tvtime, motv
>
> Sounds a bit driver-ish. Are you sure that you've got the right
drivers
> installed for the card?
>
> Keith

Yes it is the same driver i had installed in 10.3 kde3.5.10
From: David Bolt on
On Tuesday 19 Jan 2010 08:40, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
Darklight painted this mural:

> keith wrote:

>> Sounds a bit driver-ish. Are you sure that you've got the right
> drivers
>> installed for the card?
>>
>> Keith
>
> Yes it is the same driver i had installed in 10.3 kde3.5.10

I had the same issue with kdetv and 11.2. I had a working kdetv while
running 11.1 but, after upgrading to 11.2 and adding the kde3 repos,
kdetv failed with the exact same "no device found" error. I tried
mythtv and that also fails to find the capture card. Finally, after a
Google search, I found a post suggesting tvtime. After installing that,
I can now use my capture card again.

Regards,
David Bolt

--
Team Acorn: www.distributed.net OGR-NG @ ~100Mnodes RC5-72 @ ~1Mkeys/s
openSUSE 11.0 32b | | | openSUSE 11.3M0 32b

From: Darklight on
David Bolt wrote:

> On Tuesday 19 Jan 2010 08:40, while playing with a tin of spray
paint,
> Darklight painted this mural:
>
>> keith wrote:
>
>>> Sounds a bit driver-ish. Are you sure that you've got the right
>> drivers
>>> installed for the card?
>>>
>>> Keith
>>
>> Yes it is the same driver i had installed in 10.3 kde3.5.10
>
> I had the same issue with kdetv and 11.2. I had a working kdetv
while
> running 11.1 but, after upgrading to 11.2 and adding the kde3 repos,
> kdetv failed with the exact same "no device found" error. I tried
> mythtv and that also fails to find the capture card. Finally, after
> Google search, I found a post suggesting tvtime. After installing
that,
> I can now use my capture card again.
>

> Regards,
> David Bolt

what capture card do you have and what driver do you use for it. As i
said in my former post i tried tvtime i get sound but just a black
screen. I can bring up the configuration window but that does nothing.